Going to travel RV-less for the first time in a long time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I get it now. The only rental place I could find that even rented trailers any more was Uhaul.  I pretty throughly searched on line for anyone selling one. Wasn't much out there though, and what was available was either pretty rough or too much trailer, like a car hauler. 

Well it took about a week to get it finished up. I went from empty trailer to cargo box.  Now we start stacking the stuff inside, hope it's big enough for all our stuff!

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 57
SargeW said:
WooHoo!  Got my build date today from my dealer! My chassis hits the shop on 5/24, and I go into station 1 in the main plant on 5/26 at 0600. I got my flight today, and will be arriving on the 5/25. I will get to follow it for the next 5 days as it rolls down the assembly floor, asking questions, and taking lots of pics.  A true RV geeks dream!

The only down side is that this is just before the Memorial Day holiday! So the rig hits the shop on the Friday before, then there is a 3 day weekend. I may go visit some relatives over the holiday weekend that are within a days drive.
Cool I did that with My first Truck.

Heck Marty... why don't you just cancel the Bus order and full-time in that! You've already got your stuff in it. Now just toss in a battery and a Porta-Potty, cut a hole or two in the sides for windows (You're good at that) and you're all set.

Kev

I wish you well in your adventure!  Looks like a great way to go, modifying a small flatbed trailer like that....

I've enjoyed reading your summer trip threads.  I understand you're going full time again...I must have missed it though, probably a different thread.... but why did you decide to get a different RV?  Just bigger?

Actually is was about more than size. There was some things that bugged me about the Phaeton. First was the Queen size bed. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, but we are really used to the King bed, and we both "bumped into" each other all night. 

Second was the exhaust brake. The rig weighed 33,000# and the Jeep was another 5,000#. So going down the road we were at a little over 38,000#.  On the flats we didn't have a problem, but in the west where we have lots of mountain grades, the exhaust brake just couldn't generate enough back pressure to slow us down.  Even in second gear at 25 mph I would have to apply the brakes often to keep our speed down.

Neither was a deal breaker, but when we made the decision to sell the stick house and go back full time, I  wanted to hit the road with a new rig with all the stuff we wanted. And by getting a Bus, we got some of the nice extras like remote locking bay doors, Smart Wheel, and heated floors for those cool winter nights.  And as a bonus the new rig has a 450 Cummins with 1250 ft  lbs of torque, and IFS in front. 

The big surprise was that because we ordered from a dealer instead of buying off of a lot, we will pay less for the new rig than we paid for the Phaeton 4 years ago!

zmotorsports said:
Subscribed.

Anxious to see pictures of your new coach Marty.  Exciting times.

Mike.

I'm like a little kid at Christmas Mike! Some days I have to go to the Tiffin site and just scroll through stock pics just to calm my anxiety. But the time is creeping closer.......

Back
Top Bottom