EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: need advise on water damage in 1993 Class C Coachman Santara -  (Read 1224 times)

Charlie 5320

• ---
Re: need advise on water damage in 1993 Class C Coachman Santara -
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2017, 08:35:19 AM »
Now see if you can find a fellow that works on lawn mowers, and see if you can get him to remove and clean the carb on the generator. That may be all it needs, won't hurt to have him install new plugs and air filter too. It could also have a non working fuel pump, they also fail from NOT being used. They are pretty cheap on ebay, just be sure to get one for 2 to 4 psi. I bought one a while back for less than $20.00.
2003 National Dolphin 5320
496  8.1  Workhorse

98 Damon Daybreak 3130
GM Vortech 454  4L80E
SOLD

Pamelagaudreau

• ---
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2017, 08:52:11 AM »
Thanks Charlie! You must've read my mind, I was just going to ask about how to trouble shoot and/or remedie the generator not staying on issue. I know how to do that for my cars (the old school cars that actually had accessible parts,lol). Google is a wonderful thing and there are video tutorials for just about everything. I am comfortable changing out parts on my cars, household appliances, etc., but the lawnmower carburetor isn't one I'm familiar with, but I will take your advise and check out those options. 👍😁

nfredrick

• ---
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2017, 01:03:07 PM »
you can also run a mixture of Seafoam and gas through the carb and it may fix it . It could also be several things , fuel filter, fuel pump , porous fuel line from tank to pump  among other things none of which are horribly expensive .....

Hope it works out well for you, we are also in NH  and bought and older  MH , 2000  Tiffin which we are very happy with
Norm
2000 Allegro M33

JudyJB

• ---
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 08:10:06 PM »
Your second, maybe even your first, trip should be to a local campground that has full hookups. Even some state parks have these, but pick someplace about an hour from home.  Full hookups will enable you check all of your systems, while a parking lot will limit you.  And if you need help with something, ask a camping neighbor.  I had a lady with kids yell over to me that her husband could help if i needed anything on my first camping trip when she saw me taking the sewer hose and water hoses out of the packages. 

I had a great three days because it got cold so I could test my furnace, hot so I could test my AC, and it rained one night so I could look for leaks!  And I learned how to drain the antifreeze and get my hot water heater up and running.  Neighbors noticed water running out of it, so helped me find and put in the plug that had been left out.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 08:11:54 PM by JudyJB »
Full-timing for over five years in a
2012 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger 31N

Hosted by Over The Network