Battery Charging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eagle2009

Hi, I have 2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite, on my last few trips I noticed that the batteries were not getting charged when plugged into the generator or to camp electrical, but when connected to the truck the batteries get fully charged. When using the generator we would have the generator on for several (6-7) hrs each day. I have an IOTA DLS charger/convertor.
Thank you
Ray

my money says your converter is not working right ?. when your batteries are charging when plugged into your tow rig, your charging it straight from your tow rig through the 7-way ( or what ever plug ya got ? ), but when unplugged, your shore power or generator is going through your power converter wires, which tie to your battery. me thinks your converter is not working right :).

Have you checked the 110 volt circuit breaker?  Turn it off then back on. Also, some have fuses built into the case. Have you checked the terminals on the battery. Make sure they're clean and tight.
Do you hear your convertor running?

Rene T said:
Have you checked the 110 volt circuit breaker?  Turn it off then back on. Also, some have fuses built into the case.

Rene's suggestions are the first thing I'd check. Here's a thread that explains how the iota DLS -30 works. If you have 110 VAC to it and your batteries aren't getting fully charged, it looks like you can manually switch the charger from 13.6 VDC to 14.2 VDC.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26613945/print/true.cfm

Hi Rene, I did check the circuit breaker you mention and it did seem like it popped. I have the trailer plugged in to the house and I will see if the batteries get a charge in the morning. Thank you all for your advise

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom