indicator light issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Susiej

2 concerns: Our fresh water indicator light always reads E when we know it is full. Our other tanks show 1/3 even after dumping. We treated the grey/black tanks with suggested stuff from camping world (pour in/ fill tank/drive around/empty...). I have heard the "take a 20 lb bag of ice and pour into tanks with some water and drive around suggestion. A service tech at Camping World warned that we could damage sensors that way.  Any other help out there?

Well,it sounds like your sensors are not working so I don't see how ice is going to make them worse.  My opinion,any way.  That said, a lot of people have trouble with " something" messing up the black sensors so you are not alone.

"Not reading correctly" is not entirely the same as "not working," so I would continue to rinse the tank several times to clean any debris from the sensors. I have nothing to back this up, but I would tend to agree with the person who advised you not to use ice cubs, which could possibly cause more harm than good if they are used while driving and bouncing around, striking the sensors.

Fresh tank.. That one you may be able to fix.. Waste.. Forget it, they never work right.

Now on the fresh.. The "Sensor" is real advanced technology.. It is basically a nail or screw..

That is a metal rod that extends into the tanki, Since yours is a 1/3=2/3-FULL that means there are 4 of them. 1/3, 2/3, full and "Common" or ground.

The circuit looks like this \\/\/\/\/\\ is a resistor

Panel------- Full---\/\/\/ 2/3-----\/\/\/\--1/3    Common===Ground

Suspects
Broken wire (Panel to resistor pack)
Bad resistor pack
Broken wire (Common/Ground)

But only on the fresh tank would I even worry about it..

ON the waste tank, in fact all tanks.. SEE_LEVEL sensor kit might work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom