Fuel gauge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

37 dp

My fuel gauge read 1 notch above empty this morning , so out of fuel , but the generator was still running ..... I thought they auto shut off at 1/4 tank as not to let you run out ?  Any Ideas ?

Welcome to the forum.

What MH do you have?  What year?

Yes most are set to shut off the Generator when the tank gets to ? or so.
Could be the pickup tube for the Generator moved downward.

Also sometimes the gauge will read low if the engine hasn't been run lately.

Hi , My MH is a Safari Serengetti 37 foot diesel , 1999 . I am hoping the gauge is wrong , or the float maybe . wish there were a way to check and make sure , but I can only think to let it run out then I will know for sure .  lol

I'm not sure I'd let it run empty.  Not the same as running a gas engine empty, a diesel is a lot of work to get going again after it goes empty.

With an 18 YO fuel gauge, I would suspect the gauge!  I had a truck with a gas gauge that was accurate between full and ? tank.  Gauge never dropped below ? tank.  15 YO.

As Old Crow said, do not let it run dry!  Fill it now, and you will know how much really remained.

With my truck, every gas stop was for a fill up.  Reset the trip odometer.  Buy gas at 200 miles, or run out around 250. (small tank)

A large portion of Safari Serengettis of that era had propane generators..........Just thinking.

Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom