Removing the "extra chair" in a class c motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
N

Nwyantbarr

Any suggestions on the best way to remove the extra chair in a class C motorhome?
Nancy

The extra seat that is behind the front captains seats....  thought there was maybe a "trick" to getting the bolts out...?

If the bolts come up through the floor with the nuts on top, they may be captive bolts held in place by a small screw accessed from the underside, possibly in the top of a storage bin if there's one in the right location.

When I removed the extra chair on my Winnebago 24V it was like NY Dutch said, don't remember if I had to tap them with a hammer to make them fall into the storage compartment below.  Dick nvrver

It appears that our LP tank is under the floor where the chair sits.  Two of the bolts cannot be seen from underneath...  Onto Plan B  ... oh wait I don't have one ?

The LP tank should unbolt from the chassis, then you can access the chair bolts.

I'd wait until the tank is empty, it's lighter that way.

When I removed an unwanted second sofa from a previous RV, two of the bolts were not easily accessible from underneath. Instead, I used single ended hacksaw to cut the bolts off flush with the floor working through small slits in the carpeting. I wrapped the portion of the teeth where they slid back and forth through the slit with vinyl tape to avoid accidentally cutting the carpet. I then used a small extendable magnet to collect the cuttings from under the carpet. Brushing the carpet pile when I was done made both the bolt holes and the slits invisible unless you knew exactly where to look.

My husband used a saws all and cut the bolts... we are renovating our class c and we had already removed the carpet.  Thanks for all your responses!

Back
Top Bottom