Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: No Battery Power  (Read 253 times)

Oldgator73

• ---
No Battery Power
« on: April 24, 2017, 10:53:55 AM »
We have a 2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop. A few days ago I noticed there was no battery power. I first found the battery was only atv10.5 Amps (even after charging). I next checked the reverse polarity fuse and found it bad and replaced it (this fuse is in the breaker/fuse box under the fridge-a 40 Amp fuse). Since the battery would not hold a charge I bought a new one. Make sure you purchase a marine/rv deep cycle battery. Check the size. There are several different sizes. Check your battery box-the size should stamped on the box. Mine was size 24. Installed new battery and still no power. I was told there should be another fuse inline (on the load side, should be the black or red wire from the battery). I could not find this fuse anywhere. Then I noticed a junction box under the unit on left side just aft of the tongue. There is a little black box inside the junction box, hidden by some wires. You have to look real close and there is a small reset button there. Voila, battery power restored.
2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab
Air Force Retired
It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it.

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
Re: No Battery Power
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 12:11:59 PM »
Good show and welcome! Can you post some pictures of the area you are discussing? That might help others.
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Hosted by Over The Network