Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: No Battery Power  (Read 291 times)

Oldgator73

No Battery Power
« on: April 24, 2017, 10:53:55 AM »
We have a 2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop. A few days ago I noticed there was no battery power. I first found the battery was only atv10.5 Amps (even after charging). I next checked the reverse polarity fuse and found it bad and replaced it (this fuse is in the breaker/fuse box under the fridge-a 40 Amp fuse). Since the battery would not hold a charge I bought a new one. Make sure you purchase a marine/rv deep cycle battery. Check the size. There are several different sizes. Check your battery box-the size should stamped on the box. Mine was size 24. Installed new battery and still no power. I was told there should be another fuse inline (on the load side, should be the black or red wire from the battery). I could not find this fuse anywhere. Then I noticed a junction box under the unit on left side just aft of the tongue. There is a little black box inside the junction box, hidden by some wires. You have to look real close and there is a small reset button there. Voila, battery power restored.

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
Re: No Battery Power
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 12:11:59 PM »
Good show and welcome! Can you post some pictures of the area you are discussing? That might help others.
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Hosted by Over The Network