Pesky Birds building nests GRRRRR!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john owens

What can be done about these darn birds building their nests on my slideout toppers?? I pay for covered storage and the birds are crapping on my roof. I tore out one nest a week ago and today I spotted another one on a different room slide...Fake Owls do any good?? Scare crow ??? lol. Help Please!! And I can't go to a different spot/location. Only place around and its only 3 miles from home...

They land on my roof Brad..I have looked overhead for nests and found a huge one...in a different area of the storage lot. Ravens are using it now for 3+ years. I reported this to the managers but that will go no where I believe. The big big problem that I noticed is there are at least 2 broke down windows busted junk Class C MH's that have turned into huge pigeon coops. I believe the crows and Ravens find this a constant food source...plopping in and having baby eggs or babies to eat. Its disgusting. Manager states they are working on removing these junkers but they have been there for at least 5 years that I know of. Its not fair for people paying for covered storage and getting coverd in bird crap...I am not a happy camper!!

If the only problems are the slide toppers, come up with some easily removable covers which can lean up against the sides and cover the toppers, maybe 2x4 uprights leaning against the side like a ladder, with a top piece.

Sounds like an excellent place to depart from, though.

john owens said:
They land on my roof Brad..I have looked overhead for nests and found a huge one...in a different area of the storage lot. Ravens are using it now for 3+ years. I reported this to the managers but that will go no where I believe. The big big problem that I noticed is there are at least 2 broke down windows busted junk Class C MH's that have turned into huge pigeon coops. I believe the crows and Ravens find this a constant food source...plopping in and having baby eggs or babies to eat. Its disgusting. Manager states they are working on removing these junkers but they have been there for at least 5 years that I know of. Its not fair for people paying for covered storage and getting coverd in bird crap...I am not a happy camper!!

Ah, I misunderstood (now you got me thinking about mine - I do get birds inside the storage garage).  Wonder if some strips of that spike stuff on top of the rolled up slide cover would discourage it.

We had a lot of birds trying to nest around our house.  A few of the spike strips help in some places like the roof.  A few others were in corners under the eaves where a couple of roof edges of different heights came together.  Jerry found some chicken wire and rolled it under those eave corners.  That  helped.  We also have a couple of the fake owls.  Get the ones that have moving heads.  We were told the stationary ones don't work and the moving seem to work.  At least we aren't seeing any nests around now.  The larger birds also seem to be staying away and the small ones aren't a problem.

ArdraF

Put a couple of fake snakes on your roof near each slideout. A local garden supply probably has them.

We have the same problem with birds thinking they can stay without paying rent for the "slide-out topper hotel". So, bought some pool noodles from Menard's and cut them to block access to the toppers on all 3 slides. Kind of a pain to have one additional thing to undo before departing on each trip, but it keeps 'em out and saves cleaning of nest material and droppings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom