1989 Flair R26 Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FocusTom

I recently picked up an '89 Flair R26 and I'm trying to figure out all the systems. I'm having pretty good luck so far but one thing has me stumped. Where is the switch for the porch light? It is not on the fixture itself like the one mounted on the rear. The wire runs up into the ceiling...Is it hiding in plain sight somewhere?

Do you have a cupboard door on the left side of the entrance door, mine 94 is inside along with the step switches.

my 89 Sportscoach also had the patio light switch on the left side of the steps as you entered.  Also the switch for the electric steps was right next to it.

Thank you for your answers but still no luck!

There are cabinets on either side of the door but no evidence of any switches. I removed a corner panel from the cabinet immediately behind the light to see if maybe somebody covered the switch up...nope. I followed a link or two trying to find an owners manual but they were dead ends.

I'll just keep staring at it from different perspectives and maybe It will make itself known.

On my 1993 it is just inside the door on the left side, 2 switches together (porch light and inside overhead light) and a separate single switch for the step.

Look at the second picture in this link: http://www.northtrailrv.com/inventory/fleetwood/flair/mhg/stocknumber/7904-1

Is this the same as your 1989 ?

Thank you!
My layout is the same as in the link but there is no switch or any evidence that there ever was one mounted on the back of the dinette. I wonder if the wiring for that location comes up from the floor? It does not come out of the wall.

Underneath the coach there are some cut off wires where the electric steps used to be...but no interior switch.
I'll keep looking and thanks again.

FocusTom said:
My layout is the same as in the link but there is no switch or any evidence that there ever was one mounted on the back of the dinette.

Does the paneling on the back of the dinette match the rest of the interior EXACTLY ?
Is it possible that panel had been replaced ? If so, maybe someone got extremely lazy and covered over the wire.

Just a thought, the switch should be in that location.

Yeah it looks like the dinette has been repaired or replaced somewhere along the line. I just need to find out where the wire has gone.

FocusTom said:
Yeah it looks like the dinette has been repaired or replaced somewhere along the line. I just need to find out where the wire has gone.

I think you found the wires, remove the panel behind the cushion and they should be there.
The power supply side of the circuit is run along the floor line / wall from the converter to the dinette side panel in question. ( look for a "bump out" cover under the dinette table at the floor / wall)

The switched side of the circuits, porch and ceiling light, run up the wall and out and through the ceiling respectively.

Well, there is a bundle of wires that was cut off at the wall inlet for some really good reason long ago. This explains why the ceiling light, ceiling vent fan, and porch light do not function.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom