LED Bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steveblonde

im hoping a guru can help me - i recently purchesed a number of T10 and 1056 led bulbs to switch my lights the T10s work great the 1056's dont at all - any fixes?
cheers steve

Steve, I'm no guru  But when I search for 1056 led light bulbs, the only thing that comes up is 1156 bulbs.  I bought a bunch of those for my trailer two years ago and they worked fine - until I put one into an 1157 socket for the spotlights over the bed. Those have two leads on the base which I shorted out with my 1156 bulb. Probably not what you're running into, but thought I'd mention it on the off chance...

Nice truck, btw...
cheers. Jim

The bulbs may be polarity sensitive. Try switching the wires around in one of the fixtures to see if that works.

As kdbgoat says, leds are polarity sensitive. If the bulb socket is improper;y wired with the hot on the case rather than the center pin, the led won't work. Incandescent bulbs don't care, so they still work OK.

Are you sure those are 1056 bulbs? Those have dual filaments and two pins on the base. They are used mostly for brake/turn signals and rarely as interior lights.  The 1156 bulb is a single pin base and single filament and commonly used as interior lighting for Rvs. A 1056 won't work in a single pin socket (and vice versa).

a 1076 is a single element bulb, but with two contacts. (often used as dome lights in older cars)  one contact is the positive the other is negative and they have straight socket locating pins,

so you should be able to just rotate the bulb in the socket and it will reverse the polarities.

steveblonde said:
I shall try thanks if that doesnt work any other ideas?

I would remove a bulb and look into the socket to see if you indeed have two contacts in the socket. If you only have one you probably need an 1156 bulb

no need to change the wires.  The bulbs go in either way.  Just remove the bulb and turn to the opposite polarity.  In your efforts you may have blown the fuse.

Thanks for the input but they dont work i tried all of the above suggestions and nothing. Not sure why at this point, the other bulbs i bought from the same suppliers but different style work great and these ones only cost me $20 so its not a huge deal

I made the same mistake...    the bulbs will not work.    Most bulbs  the pin is the positive land and the body or socket part is the neutral.    But on that bulb with 2 pins one is the positive  and the other is the neutral.  The socket part is not hooked to anything......

I have tried switching or turning them 180 degrees and still nothing , even tried them in two different fixtures and still nothing lol

steveblonde said:
Not a dumb idea and no i havent but i dont have a tester

What I believe he's saying is try hooking up a couple of wires to a 12 volt power supply like a battery, then touch the leads to the contacts on the bulb.

LED bulbs are not polarity sensitive. The circuit includes a full wave rectifier bridge, which automatically adjusts the polarity for the LED. The RV manufacturer did not have to worry about the incandescent light's polarity, so that did not watch the polarity when wiring.

Back
Top Bottom