2003 Journey 32TD Basement A/C not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skenyon

The Coleman-mack heat pump works properly in the heat mode, fans run (high & low), compressor runs. In cool mode, indoor fan runs (outdoor & compressor don't run). Slightly cool air is felt at the vent.

Aside from switching from heat to cool a few times, I've
I have tried a couple other troubleshooting things... When the reversing valve solenoid is energized by an external power supply, it clicks. There is continuity across the freeze contacts.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

skenyon said:
The Coleman-mack heat pump works properly in the heat mode, fans run (high & low), compressor runs. In cool mode, indoor fan runs (outdoor & compressor don't run). Slightly cool air is felt at the vent.

Aside from switching from heat to cool a few times, I've
I have tried a couple other troubleshooting things... When the reversing valve solenoid is energized by an external power supply, it clicks. There is continuity across the freeze contacts.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

I would call Coleman Mach (airexcel) the manufacturer at  (316) 832-4357 and ask for Eric....he knows his stuff about basement AC and can walk you through some testing procedures. Don't pay any attention to the "this line is for qualified technicians" you will hear on the recording.
Let us know how you progress...

On the Coleman-Mach thermostat, check for the correct state of the voltages going to the control board, particularly Y1 (compressor 1.) Use the truth table I made for my ecobee thermostat install. There are some lights on the control board that you can use with the service manual for troubleshooting. Look for the service manual here.

And - welcome!

OK... with cool mode ON, the compressor voltage from Y1 to ground was 0 VDC. I called Eric, and he said it was the thermostat. A whole lot cheaper than a new  heat pump! Thank you both for the help.

Ah-ha! Most excellent, that was the easiest and least expensive thing to have broken. You can replace the C-M thermostat with a smarter one if you are so inclined.

I replaced the t'stat with the a C-M. It was just easier to do. I installed the new t'stat today and I have cold air blowing again. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom