It's finally time - a few questions I cant find with searches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bghouse

I've spent a lot of time in the past couple of years reading and lurking and absorbing information for my "dream that just wont die" as I've called it before.  Life kept sending me curveballs, which happens I know.  I'm now currently living in Baja Mexico since last October, and that's been an interesting adventure.

The wheel is turning again, and my guaranteed job is coming to an end.  I'm choosing to consider it a blessing, and I believe it's time for a sabbatical / walk-a-bout.  I need to try and recharge and find myself again, and a new adventure is calling me.  With any luck, I can carve out a year to not be working and make this dream come true.  But I have a few more questions for those in the know...

1.) I was on the WIN RV Singles site checking out their information.  I like the idea of traveling with others at first, since I need to gain some confidence.  I couldn't figure out how much driving happens in order to plan a budget.  Does anyone have an estimate for this?

2.) Are there other caravans like this that I could join into, to be able to travel with others that could help me as I try to learn what I need to learn?

3.) In the past I've gotten advice for Class C and Small Class A rigs.  I would like to keep my budget at 20k and not go crazy to start.  I can't decide which to focus on finding.  I feel like I've crawled into so many rigs in the last couple years, and yet as soon as I start a search on RV Trader in my price range it's units I haven't seen before - lol.  I've also been trying to read posts of other single women, check out their signatures with their rig, and then look those up - lol.  I'll take any advice at this point.

4.) I've had some great advice in the past from herekittykitty about the used TT membership, and if I decide to do that route are there any limitations on the size of my rig or the age?

5.) Do we have a section here already that lists places you can got to "school" so to speak, like the Escapees bootcamp, and get some training in the "my god I'm so clueless" aspect of this?

Well, that's it for the moment I guess.  So much to figure out :)

Cant help you with the caravans or singles, but there are lots of utubers out there sharing rv info. Gone with the Wynns is one, Peppi Patterson is another. Rvgeeks, and many others more than happy to share their full time rv adventures and show you the pitfalls to avoid dealing with rvs as a newbie. Good luck on your adventure.

Thanks muskoka guy - yes, I've been following the Wynns and Rvgeeks for a while now.  The Wynns almost have me ready for the composting toilet :)

I'm at the point now after a lot of research since 2014 to step up and get the specific questions tackled now.  Most of my more general ones have been answered, if I could just sort my A or C dilema - haha

I've been looking at the WINs myself.  Tracing their Idaho/Wyoming/Montana circuit for this summer, it looks like they average about 50-120 miles going from one site to another, then stay about a week (+/-) before moving on.

I suppose the mileage will vary depending on what part of the country they're in.

All of the WIN campsite links give a GPS coordinate you can click on to bring up the location in Google Maps.  If you then click on the Directions arrow, it will bring up a box asking for a Starting Point.

Copy the GPS coordinates from the prior (or next) campsite, paste it in as the Starting Point and Google will draw a map with routing and mileage to the next stop.

Thanks Lou, I'll totally do that and come up with some numbers.

Hi, good luck with your journey, I hope you achieve your goals!

I have been trying out the roadtrippers site to plan our route for this year and find it to be quite good. If you have a rough idea of mpg it gives an approximate cost for fuel.  Not sure what it uses as a price to calculate. It shows campsites and things to do know the route if desired.

I will probably use this and the Goodsam one but it limits you go 25 stops in each trip.

Be safe and enjoy every minute ?

One thing I could say on the C or A thing, is if you are looking for a  coach in the 30 ft range, there would be far more selection in the C class than the A class. If you are considering something larger than 30 ft, an A would be more common. For your budget, you would probably be more apt to find a C class, as there would be more to choose from. Small A class are not that common. I would say more common would be 34 ft to 40ft in the A class, Likely for 20k, you will be looking at gas models. Diesels at that price would put you well back in the nineties. A gas model you might get one into the 2000s with a slide or two. Slides were not common until the late 90s.  What size were you considering.

muskoka guy said:
What size were you considering.

I think I want to stay on the smaller size, but in all the floorplans I've looked at in the last few years, the class A feels more like what I'd like to be in full time. I'm solo, so I don't need 40 feet.  And I might want to add a toad later, just not immediately.  So that makes me even longer again.

I'm seeing a lot of Class A gas rigs, 31 to 35, on RVTrader that are in my price range.  So I think that may be where I put my focus.

Back
Top Bottom