'99 - '00 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruisers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RockyHill

OK, so I get a lot of info from reading the posts here and searching but now I need some more specific help.

Considering making the switch from our gasser to a DP -- the eventual learning process from first MH to, "hmm, this would really be nice" thinking.  When we started out, thought we would not need a toad but found out for us that having a vehicle at destinations would be better, and it is!  Adding a toad worked but just can't add a washer/dryer, well guess could get really creative but think another MH might be simpler  ;) 

We have diesel trucks and tractors on the farm so not totally uninformed about the generalities.

I know that just because it is 'diesel' all things are not equal.  Talked with some folks last fall on a trip.  They were on their first trip with a diesel and they said they struggled with some of the hills that we traveled so I guess I want to make sure that the power would be there -- not wanting to race uphill but would want not be struggling either.

Here are the spec on a couple of Gulf Stream Scenic Cruisers that the floor plans look like (on paper anyway) what would work. 

Cummins 8.3 turbo                  Cummins 8.3 turbo
325 hp                                    330 hp
915 ft. lb. torque                      950 ft. lb. torque
Allison MD-3060P 6 speed          Allison MD-3060P s speed
39' length                                  37'6" lenght
252" wheelbase                          234" wheelbase
31,000 GVWR                            31,000 GVWR
Spartan Mtn. Master                    Spartan Mtn. Master

Appreciate your thoughts.

Shelia

Latest posts

Forum statistics