Fuel Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patdig

I have a Generac Guaurdian Model 004700-0, Quietpack 40G in my Chinook Class B. Fuel line  is connected to the main fuel tank. It is time to change the fuel filter. Is the location of the fuel filter located in this assembly? Photo of fuel filter in kit...See Attached photo's. I purchased my generator maintenance kit from Norwall Power Systems.

Attachments

• fuel valve.jpg
    fuel valve.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 149-1353__47490_zoom.jpg
    149-1353__47490_zoom.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 7
Your first picture is the fuel pump.  It may have a screen in it.  Usually the in line filters that you posted the picture of has an arrow on it to show the fuel flow direction.  It may be located at your engine.

Yeah, the inline filter could be anywhere between that fuel pump inlet and the coach fuel tank. Or maybe there isn't one (but there should be). Just follow that line to find it.

If there isn't one, the new one can be installed right by the pump by cutting the line and inserting it. You would need two fuel line clamps, available at any auto parts store and many hardware stores.

Thank you for the information. Very helpful. I will let all know what I came across when I do the maintenance this week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom