Cross Country thre end of May

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobs77

Were planning on Leaving San Antonio, Tx in late May to the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone 5-7 days, Badlands 2 days, then east to Elgin, IL (visit a friend), Niagara Falls, Madison, Maine then home to Port Richey, Fl Any suggestions for good reference books or places to see between stops. Just upsets me because of a couple eastern states I cant have my protection.

Since you are in San Antonio, I assume you are familiar with weather concerns.  I am from Oregon, where we seldom have any scary weather, unless you are afraid of rain!!  ;D We made a trip last spring, departing in April and traveling until July. It seemed to us that most of our time was spent dodging thunderstorms, tornadoes and hail storms. We even changed our itinerary to avoid the flooding and tornadoes in Texas. OTOH, you may be just fine with scary weather and know your way around it. We had some white knuckle travel days.

badlands doesn't deserve 2 days unless you plan on hiking. how ever custer state park and mt rushmore deserve  as much time as you can spare.
custer state park should be a national park just amazing.

Punomatic said:
Since you are in San Antonio, I assume you are familiar with weather concerns.  I am from Oregon, where we seldom have any scary weather, unless you are afraid of rain!!  ;D We made a trip last spring, departing in April and traveling until July. It seemed to us that most of our time was spent dodging thunderstorms, tornadoes and hail storms. We even changed our itinerary to avoid the flooding and tornadoes in Texas. OTOH, you may be just fine with scary weather and know your way around it. We had some white knuckle travel days.

Weather was GREAT in San Antonio... not hot no storms was wonderful... Had to replace 2 front tires one started to separate... all was good.

beaverfever said:
badlands doesn't deserve 2 days unless you plan on hiking. how ever custer state park and mt rushmore deserve  as much time as you can spare.
custer state park should be a national park just amazing.

Taking your advice... drive through the badlands... Mt Rushmore and check out Custer State Park... Then off to the east coast and Niagara Falls then to Maine to see a friend... then a bee line back to Fl... any suggestions for SD to Niagara would be appreciated...  Day 15 on the road 3  more nights here in West Yellowstone ... 3400 miles on the road so far

Back
Top Bottom