RVing days over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoyM

It looks like the trailer will be staying home for the foreseeable future. My wife has had renal cell carcinoma rear it's ugly head again this time in her spine. She is currently undergoing radiation in an attempt to slow the tumor's growth and reduce the pain but the prognosis is months at best. I will continue on here and share your adventures, you are realizing my dreams.

Roy, how sad. Treasure the time you have together, hopefully it will be much longer than expected and with minimum pain for your dear wife.

Hang in there, Roy.  we send virtual hugs to both you and her.

My wife Nancy has been in a constant battle with a Stage 4 cancer for 9 years now. It's been tough at times, but we still manage to get out in the RV every summer but one, and now travel to a summer cottage instead of RVing. With some pre-planning, we have been able to arrange for her chemo wherever we decide to spend our summer. Radiation is a bit tougher because of the typical daily schedule, but keep the possibility in mind for when your wife feels up to it. Maintaining some semblance of your normal lifestyle is, in our opinion, a necessary part of cancer care.

Thank you, I really need the support at the moment. The worst part is the pain being so bad some days she just wants to end it all. She is currently undergoing five emergency radiation treatments, we have two to go. The cancer clinic is an hour and a half away. If we had gotten more notice I could have had the trailer ready but we are forced to commute because of the pets. Hard to find a hotel that would accept a dog and a cat. We can write off the travel expenses which is a good thing.

Roy - Tons of good thoughts are coming your way.  We've had two family members whose cancer pain was like you describe and it makes you feel very helpless.  Hopefully pain management has improved in the years since these two dear people went through it.  Be sure to keep your own good health so you can be at your best in helping your wife.  Come here any time you need to talk.

ArdraF 

Best wishes to you and your wife Roy. May His timetable be much more generous than you have been led to believe.

Stay strong, and hang in there.  Hope, memories, love, and dreams are all good medicine.  Please keep us posted, and God Bless.

Prayers, and positive thoughts with good energy your way.  You are a team, you complete one another....blessings your way.

I will pray for your wife and you. I will also pray for good days to help offset the bad days, and for her and you to have relief when you need it most.
May you know and feel all the love and good wishes that all of us have for your family.

Thanks for all the hugs, we sure can use them. We are going to try a couple of short trips this year to see if she can manage, she has her heart set on going. A few adjustments will need to be made.

Every time you've posted lately I've wondered how your wife was. She must have a strong spirit which means a lot. Hope you get some nice trips in. Hugs on way ?

Back
Top Bottom