EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Problem with dinghy, 2011 CR-V... anybody else have one? need to " talk"😀  (Read 422 times)

millenniumfish

Re flat four towing a dinghy, a 2011 Honda CRV - Now thre dinghy has transmission problem!?

I assume my new sound effects coming from my transmission is because I did not faithfully follow the owners manual instructions... Feeling lamebrained 😱

Has anyone else had same problem? Anyone else flat four tow a 2011 CRV? ANY experience, knowledge or even urban legends of any kind appeciated. Thanks all...

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Hard to say if towing caused the problem or not, but failure to heed the directions is certainly a possibility. Lots of RVers tow CRVs, so hopefully someone will respond and you can commiserate.

Meanwhile, take the CRV to a tranny shop and find out what is wrong. Maybe it wasn't towing at all...
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

docj

• ---
My understanding is that the key Honda admonition that MUST be followed is shifting the transmission into Neutral from Drive and not from Reverse. 
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at www.facebook.com/weisstravels.net

nvrver

• ---
My understanding is that the key Honda admonition that MUST be followed is shifting the transmission into Neutral from Drive and not from Reverse.
X 2,  Dick
Charter Life Member Good Sam
RVing since 1984
2006 Winnebago Class C, Ford V-10
2013 Honda CR-V EX AWD
Member WIT - Washoe Winnies

schoolsout2

• ---
We have towed our 2012 about 30k miles with NO problem yet.  We changed the trans fluid as specified in the owners manual and faithfully follow the make ready procedure.  Shift from drive to N and let it idle for 3 to 5 minutes then turn to acc.  I also keep under 65 while towing.

As Gary said,better get to a trans shop.

Dave and Sue Fullerman
2014 Winnebago Tour
2012 Honda CRV
FMCA F7777D
from Ohio now full time

Peteyboy

• ---
Have 40K on our 2011 CRV towing and no problems yet.
Pete & Sandy
2015 Itasca Suncruiser 37F
11 CRV

WILDEBILL308

• ---

Re flat four towing a dinghy, a 2011 Honda CRV - Now thre dinghy has transmission problem!?

I assume my new sound effects coming from my transmission is because I did not faithfully follow the owners manual instructions... Feeling lamebrained 😱

Has anyone else had same problem? Anyone else flat four tow a 2011 CRV? ANY experience, knowledge or even urban legends of any kind appeciated. Thanks all...
Welcome to the forum. I would get it to a qualified transmission shop and have it checked out. That way you know and further driving may do more damage.
Bill
2003 Bounder 38N
300 HP 5.9 Cummins
Allison 3000MH Trans.
Towing 2014 Honda CRV
Home base Fort Worth, Texas
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain-

davismills

• ---
2011 CRV with 10k towing and 51k overall.  No problems.  We do change the tranny fluid more than recommended and we strictly adhere to the "takeoff" checklist recommended by Honda.
2011 Winnebago Sightseer
2011 Honda CRV
Lovely wife and ugly dog

Hosted by Over The Network