Problem with dinghy, 2011 CR-V... anybody else have one? need to " talk"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millenniumfish

Re flat four towing a dinghy, a 2011 Honda CRV - Now thre dinghy has transmission problem!?

I assume my new sound effects coming from my transmission is because I did not faithfully follow the owners manual instructions... Feeling lamebrained ?

Has anyone else had same problem? Anyone else flat four tow a 2011 CRV? ANY experience, knowledge or even urban legends of any kind appeciated. Thanks all...

Hard to say if towing caused the problem or not, but failure to heed the directions is certainly a possibility. Lots of RVers tow CRVs, so hopefully someone will respond and you can commiserate.

Meanwhile, take the CRV to a tranny shop and find out what is wrong. Maybe it wasn't towing at all...

My understanding is that the key Honda admonition that MUST be followed is shifting the transmission into Neutral from Drive and not from Reverse. 

docj said:
My understanding is that the key Honda admonition that MUST be followed is shifting the transmission into Neutral from Drive and not from Reverse.
X 2,  Dick

We have towed our 2012 about 30k miles with NO problem yet.  We changed the trans fluid as specified in the owners manual and faithfully follow the make ready procedure.  Shift from drive to N and let it idle for 3 to 5 minutes then turn to acc.  I also keep under 65 while towing.

As Gary said,better get to a trans shop.

millenniumfish said:
Re flat four towing a dinghy, a 2011 Honda CRV - Now thre dinghy has transmission problem!?

I assume my new sound effects coming from my transmission is because I did not faithfully follow the owners manual instructions... Feeling lamebrained ?

Has anyone else had same problem? Anyone else flat four tow a 2011 CRV? ANY experience, knowledge or even urban legends of any kind appeciated. Thanks all...
Welcome to the forum. I would get it to a qualified transmission shop and have it checked out. That way you know and further driving may do more damage.
Bill

2011 CRV with 10k towing and 51k overall.  No problems.  We do change the tranny fluid more than recommended and we strictly adhere to the "takeoff" checklist recommended by Honda.

Back
Top Bottom