"night before spot"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

It has occurred to me that a spot where people could pull through, hook up the tow car, and still have utilities the night before departure would be useful in a campground.  Then they could be ready to pull out whenever they wake up ready to go.  Often that's in the middle of the night or at least before daylight. 

I have asked for a transfer to a pull through for my last night here and am tentatively getting one.  Beats rattling around trying to hook up my tow car in the dark. 

To reserve a special purpose site isn't very practical from a campground's point of view, but if they're flexible enough to allow one of their pull through sites to be used, if available, I think it would be a good benefit.

--pat

I've camped in many CGs over the years that have pull-thrus and when I've asked about the early leaving from a site, I can only recall a couple of times where I was refused, cue to non-availability.  In those cases I just left a little later.  1 I didn't want to disturb other campers and 2  I never hook up in the dark.  Pull-thrus are great for me cuz I'm 65feet long with MH and Trailer.  Usually pick a CG that has pull thrus  It's eary enough to check on the web these days and then you can call ahead and verify.

Pat said:
To reserve a special purpose site isn't very practical from a campground's point of view, but if they're flexible enough to allow one of their pull through sites to be used, if available, I think it would be a good benefit.

Even nicer for the RVer w/a 5'er or trailer. When traveling long distances and leaving early each AM along the way I agree -- and hate it when I can only find parks with back-in's. Just recently I was in Tonopah, NV and had to hook and unhook my Jeep on a hill -- plus had to wait for the rig next to me to finish hooking up in the narrow driveway before I could even begin to hook up. Took an extra half hour altogether before I could get underway.

It would be a function of the park and how they are set up -- so what you have done is probably the best bet. Just ask ahead of time to see if there is a spot available. You could also ask for just a dry spot w/no hookups for that last night if a pull thru was not available.

Some parks charge more for a pull thru -- and I'm finding that more and more now. Also, most will ask for a pull thru if available from the onset so if a park has fewer to begin with, you would be less likely to find one.

I must check email each AM for my business and used to have to tear down my Internet Dish each AM - but now have an auto dish that stows seconds. It's great to just wash my face, grab my coffee that I set up for brewing the night before -- and move out. I have "never" stayed in a park that restricted the AM time one can leave. When I'm ready to go, I want to go -- regardless of the time.

And then there's the paperwork issue. Some parks keep very good records -- and when a move occurs from one site to another, all the records for your stay have to be updated. If a security deposit was charged, it also has to be moved from the other site and so forth. When/if you move from one site to another, the one vacated must now show up on their computer or scheduling board as now available for rental - and the one you move to has to show up as taken. Especially in a busy park, the owner/operator wants to have info in front of them that represents the exact status of all sites in the park -- as close to real time as possible.

Back
Top Bottom