Hydro Flame Furnace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JAYRCBC

I have a Hydro Flame furnace, 8400 series, that was working fine then all of a sudden it shut down and continued blowing cold air. I've replaced the module board and the ignitor.  The problem still persists. I can not get the unit to fire. I have researched this and have been told to check the sail switch. I have no idea where this sail switch is located. It has what the manual calls a "Johnson Gas valve". Is there a way of testing this valve? I removed the valve and cleaned the two coils, and blew out the spool of the valve. Is there a replacement? Someone said to check an orifice near the rear of the unit. I did not see any reference to this in the manual. Any Ideas??

I have to ask this, so don't get offended, but you do have propane in the tank, right? 
Only asking because that pretty much matches what my furnace does when the tank runs empty in the middle of the night.
Why do those stupid tanks never run out at noon?

Would that be an 8500 series Hydroflame? I've not ever heard of an 8400 and cannot find it in the Atwood Furnace Service manuals.

Please review my Furnace Troubleshooting article in the RVForum Library at http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/Furnace_Trouble-2.pdf

The sail switch is in front of the fan that blows air through the furnace. It measures the amount of air flow and ignition is cut off if the air flow drops too low.

Replacement gas valves are available for most Atwood furnaces. Try online sources such as Amazon, Ebay, PPL Motohome Parts Dept, Adventure RV, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom