William Florian concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Tomorrow (April 30) Chris and I attend the concert by William Florian, previously lead singer for the New Christy Minstrels, at El Campanil Theatre in Antioch, CA.

This morning I was playing several numbers on ukulele, and said to Chris "I wonder if he'll sing these"; He sang several of them. Wish I could play guitar like he does.
The concert was held at El Campanil Theatre in Antioch, and it was weird to see our Delta Strummers concert on May 21 advertised on the walls and on the pre-show screen ads.
I ran into a couple of guys from our retired guys club and their wives. When William Florian asked for volunteers from the audience to join him on stage to sing, I was cringing and hoping none of these guys would say "Tom is in the audience". One of the times William performed for our club, he invited me on stage, but I declined, not wanting to screw up his professional performance.

LOL Russ, he was singing in a key that was beyond my range with britches tightened  :(

Aye Russ, our Music Director transposes a lot of our numbers into the key of C, to make it easier for folks to play (on a uke) and to sing. When I stood up for my closing solo at one of our concerts, I explained that "all these songs were played and sung 'up there' (in my best high pitch), but now you'll hear something I can sing".

I prefer just about any key other than C but when forced to play it I do so in weird ways.  Holding a normal C for a long time is painful for me because I broke my hand on a motorcycle years ago.

Ouch on the broken hand. C is one of the easiest chords and keys to play on the uke, but I can understand the issue on a guitar.

Some of yesterday's audience arrived in a couple of buses chartered by one or more assisted-living facilities. As we left the theatre, we smiled at a discussion between a couple behind us:

"He was very good".

"Yes he was".

"What's his name?"

" I have no idea, maybe the folks selling CDs in the lobby will know".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom