dash blower problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailorkane

My dash blower is making rumbling noises.  Sounds like bad bearing.  Louder the faster it runs.  This is not the basement air unit--its the dash defroster, heater and a/c blower.  Freightliner chassis, Winnebago Journey 2003 DP.  WE found a Winnebago drawing that shows an "outside air" blower wheel and motor and "inside air" blower wheel and motor.  Not sure why there are two, and ours rumbles no matter what the setting on the dash controls.  Ordered a "blower motor" from Winnebago for $100 and got a vacuum actuator--not a motor at all.  Anyone else faced and solved this problem?  Headed to 115 degree Vegas in a month or two.

Not exactly that problem but my ac air comes out of the def vents a lot more than it should. Guess someday I should take the dash apart and find the actuators.

WE found a Winnebago drawing that shows an "outside air" blower wheel and motor and "inside air" blower wheel and motor.

On a dash air system there is usually only one blower for both heat and air AFIK and since it this info was found on a Winnebago drawing, I suspect you found some info that has to do with the "house" air system. (The basement units found in many Winnies do have outside and inside blowers.) I don't understand why that info would be shown on a Winnie drawing though because the basement air units are self contained.

The dash air/heat systems are normally supplied by the chassis manufacturer. But since this is a Freightliner chassis and diesel, I could well be wrong, as I know nothing about them!!

Journey said:
  Not exactly that problem but my ac air comes out of the def vents a lot more than it should. Guess someday I should take the dash apart and find the actuators.
Journey
Most likely your problem is with the vacuum operated heat/air distribution flaps/doors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom