Haggis and stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

Oldgator73

We lived in the U.K. for five years. Cambridge. Visited Scotland and loved it. I had Haggis for breakfast almost every morning.

Oldgator73 said:
We lived in the U.K. for five years. Cambridge. Visited Scotland and loved it. I had Haggis for breakfast almost every morning.

Nice! I prefer haggis to black pudding  ;D

Used to love black pudding for (with cooked) breakfast when we lived in Wales. Also loved faggots and peas. A friend, currently touring the UK, sent me an email last week saying "we're in Cardiff" (capital of Wales) "and we're having a traditional Welsh dinner this evening, including haggis". My reply: "you're in the wrong country for haggis"  ;D She was reading the wrong page of the tour itinerary. I wonder what they would have thought of the "haggis" if I hadn't said anything  ???

First read through I was wondering: cigarettes and peas?!?

So everything left over... basically sausage without the casing.
I'd eat that.

Tom said:
Used to love black pudding for (with cooked) breakfast when we lived in Wales. Also loved faggots and peas. A friend, currently touring the UK, sent me an email last week saying "we're in Cardiff" (capital of Wales) "and we're having a traditional Welsh dinner this evening, including haggis". My reply: "you're in the wrong country for haggis"  ;D She was reading the wrong page of the tour itinerary. I wonder what they would have thought of the "haggis" if I hadn't said anything  ???
The black pudding in Scotland is very different from English, not had Welsh Tom. Is it full of lumps of fat too? If so yuck!  :eek:

And they are not all nice...  Stornoway is a lovely one although slightly sweeter than others so can be a bit sickly.  Think it has carmelised onions in it.

Don't think I'd like BP with caramelized onions. I still prefer faggots, peas and gravy, but not for breakfast.

Not tried those, but think they are brains so not sure I would fancy that, unless with fava beans and a nice chianti  :eek: :eek:

Someone got the translation from Welsh wrong  ;D

I have not had black pudding or haggis, find this discussion quite amusing. It's much like the one on another forum regarding grits. ;D

Grits are a bit like Porridge I think, but I just cannot understand the fascination you guys have for it.

If you are remotely interested  ::), here are the comparisons between Yorkshire BP and Stornoway BP, you can see the difference.  The Yorkshire one is just filled with lumps of fat.  I personally do not like this type at all.

Attachments

• pud.jpg
    pud.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Stornoway_Black_Pudding.jpg
    Stornoway_Black_Pudding.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 6
Tom said:
Don't think I'd like BP with caramelized onions. I still prefer faggots, peas and gravy, but not for breakfast.

Spent some time in the Bath/Wells area, love faggots and peas. Heard them described as "fluffy meat balls" which I thought was a pretty good description. Goes down pretty good with a nice pint. Not a fan of BP

Tom said:

apparently you can be thrown off of facebook for declaring your love of faggots....http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/11/01/man-banned-from-facebook-for-declaring-his-love-for-pork-faggots/

I've been hooked on Scotch eggs lately.......just cant seem to get enough of them. I make them with Jimmy Deans sausage, panko crumbs and bake them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom