Refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LBFraser

When can you completely latch the fridge and freezer after winter? Does it depend on temperature?

LBFraser said:
When can you completely latch the fridge and freezer after winter? Does it depend on temperature?

If ours is off, it's always latched in the partially open position.

No, not temperature related. Leaving it open (ventilation) helps prevent mold inside. It's amazing how mold grows in a closed up fridge, no matter how carefully the interior was cleaned beforehand!

I guess the most logical answer is "once you turn it on to use it !!"

LBFraser said:

LBFraser
If you mean "When do you keep the fridge and freezer doors CLOSED"?... the doors on my Norcold RV refidgerator are always completely CLOSED when the refrigerator is ON/running.... and they are always propped slightly OPEN when the refrigerator is turned OFF, regardless of the temperature.

I throw some newspapers in the frig also when not in use as they tend to absorb some excess moisture to prevent mold growth.  Always leave them open when not using.

I have those pins that when engaged keep the fridge and freezer from closing all the way but I guess I don't have them working properly because the fridge and freezer door will swing wide open... I don't think this is supposed to happen

LBFraser said:
I have those pins that when engaged keep the fridge and freezer from closing all the way but I guess I don't have them working properly because the fridge and freezer door will swing wide open... I don't think this is supposed to happen

My last  fridge had square pins like you mentioned. They slid into a square hole in the door.

Back
Top Bottom