Happy camper w/new F-250 and Keystone 5R

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richard K

Just got back from picking up our new 33' Keystone Everest 5th wheel. I couldn't be happier with the handling, towing and braking performance of my '07 F-250 diesel. Sharp turns are a breeze with the Sidewinder hitch and short box.  As soon as I hooked up I headed for the mountains for a short test run. The first killer hill west on I-70 from Denver is a long, steep climb and many 18 wheelers lose their brakes comming down it. Pulled it at 65 mph and could have gone faster. Tranny temp never got above 160 degrees. Comming back down I was amazed at how well the tow command braking system works. Had thought of having an exhaust brake installed, which I had needed on two motorhomes we had prior. It's not needed with the tow command while pulling a 13,000 lb. 5R. With the 9,800 lb. spring package the 1,300 tongue weight only dropped the bed about an inch. This set-up is awesome!

Congratulations on you new found love.  Seems as nothing to hold you back now from the great life of RVing.

Thanks Shayne.  We have had 3 travel trailers, a 34' class A gas coach and a 35' class A diesel pusher.  This is our first 5R and it has more room inside than any of our previous rigs.  We plan on using it a lot.

Richard, welcome to the wonderful world of Everest ownership. We are on our second, and really love it. Liked the first one also, but the side bath in the new one was the deciding factor to upgrade.

Everest Owners Club

Lots of good info geared specifically towards the Everest line.

Hope to see you at the 'club'

Larry

Back
Top Bottom