Hardy Lake, Indiana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don_and_Deb

We took our first "official" camping trip in Campersaurus Rex from 21-23 April.  Our destination was about an hour away at Hardy Lake campground, an Indiana DNR campground.  It's located a few miles northeast of Scottsburg, an easy drive off of I-65.

The park itself was beautiful, with lots of large shade trees, hiking trails, and even archery ranges.  The large lake in the park was created when they put in a dam (and submerged a town in the middle; it's still there under the water!) They also have a wildlife education program featuring raptors that are housed there for rehabilitation (some are permanent residents).  The shower facilities were some of the cleanest that I've ever seen in a campground (and I've camped quite a bit over the years in tents).  During the summer months, they have a white sand beach with large picnic area, and boat ramps for folks that want to get out on the lake itself.  The RV sites don't have sewer hookups or water (although water was available nearby; I just ran a hose to the nearest spigot to fill up our water tank) and the power hookups were 30amp, but they had a very convenient dump station near the exit that we utilized.  The staff were really friendly, and even helped us find some firewood to build a nice campfire the second night we were there.

I highly recommend this little gem of a park; we'll be returning as soon as it warms up a bit more!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom