Lincoln MKX on the list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbbeebop

I've flat towed since 2002, a Ford Focus Std transmission, then in 2004, I towed a Ford Explorer(Eddie Bauer) with a Neutral Tow Switch installed, the last car I towed was a 2010 Ford Escape Limited (had the tranny fluid lowered as the TSB Instructed) Now I am considering a 2017 Lincoln MKX AWD, looking for any incites or suggestions, before I buy. The Lincoln will have the factory installed tow package if this helps, for keeping the battery charged. Would appreciate any suggestions.
THX

We tow a 2011 Ford Edge Limited and have for just over 20 000 miles. It has just started to shift hard from 3rd to 4th gear and is headed to the transmission shop on Thursday. I had not heard of a tsb for the escape regarding lowering the fluid level. Can you please direct me on how to view that?
Thanks
Brent

Ford puts out a yearly towing guide and it also goes into detail about vehicles that can be towed behind a motor home.  Ford 2003 - 2018 RV & Trailer Towing Guide for both towing & being towed. 
They have guides going back to 2003. 
http://www.fleet.ford.com/towing-guides/
It also covers Lincolns.
Dick

I have a question and I hope someone can help. We just purchased a gently used 2014 Lincoln MKX. We ordered the blueox baseplate and are waiting for our appt to set this beautiful vehicle up for towing behind our RV. Last nite I tested the process of putting this keyless ignition into accessory mode, which worked fine. However, the red outline of the engine (I assume check engine light) remained lit. Is this normal? Should that light be illuminated when in accessory mode? If it should'nt, what do I have to do to make it go away? Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom