Good Sam increases fuel discounts with regular membership card

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
I received an email today from the Good Sam Club. Often I don't pay much attention to the emails, but today I opted to open it. I was surprised to read that the fuel discounts at Pilot and Flying J is up to .08 a gallon for diesel fuel and .05 a gallon on gasoline.  And this doesn't require a Good Sam credit card, just the standard club card.  Here is an excerpt from the email with a few other current discounts now offered. 

Get INSTANT DISCOUNTS on gas, diesel, propane, dump station fees and more at select Pilot or Flying J locations with your Good Sam Club membership card.
Gas (U.S.)?SAVE 5? per gallon
Diesel (U.S.)?SAVE 8? per gallon
Gas & Diesel (Canada)?SAVE 1? per liter
Dump Station Fees?SAVE $2.50
Propane?SAVE 5? per gallon
Special pricing & deals in Pilot or Flying J retail stores & restaurants

A disclaimer at the bottom states that fuel discounts are at company owned Pilot and Flying J stores only.

What I find a bit frustrating, is that "Good Sam" is not mentioned anywhere at Pilot or Flying J.
The pump simply asks you to insert your Pilot card for discount. (which means insert your Good Sam card to adjust the price at the pump).
Early on, I missed a few discounts until realizing this benefit was available.

Yeah, I noted that at the pumps as well. When Pilot took over Flying J there was a period there when it seemed like no one had a clue what was going on.  It seems to have straightend out some now. 

Marty,
  Is there any easy or convenient way to know if a station is company owned store before you pull in?

Steve

Yes Steve, here is a link to the Good Sam web site about the fuel discounts. Scroll about half way down the page and there are two link buttons. One is "Finding stations with Diesel and Gas discounts" and the other is "Finding stations with Diesel discounts only". 

http://www.goodsamclub.com/pfj/?utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GSN18464_05022017

Thanks for giving us that update and the links, Marty.  Good to know!

ArdraF

Pilot/FlyingJ, ALSO HAS 20% BIO IN ALL THE DIESEL THEY SELL.. Check your mileage anyone??>>>D (They pay less for fuel that is subsidized by your tax's)

The amount of biodiesel varies by station and state. I have seen from B-5 to B-20 all over the country. May as well get used to it, it's not going to go away.

We did 26 states this past year and I found P/FJ station to normally be higher priced than others just an exit or so further.  It often was higher even with the GS card.  I found many stations with truck islands especially shell.  I did check and make sure they were less than B20

Regarding Bio Diesel, you probably need to check what percentage blend you can run in your engine, in my 2006 Cummins I can use 5% blend max.

Per the manual for my 2012 Cummins 450hp, "ISC engines that are certified to EPA ?02 and later regulations are approved for use with B20 biodiesel. The appropriate
ASTM standards must be met."

Over five years, and because of the extremely variable driving conditions when we travel, I could not begin to measure the difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom