Seilerbird on LSD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

No, not the drug, never used the stuff. This is a video of me playing my bass ukulele to the Beatles Lucy In The Sky With Diamond (erroneously thought to be about LSD). Too many mistakes to count but fun to play.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_vZF6_ChElTN1hGUmZwMzJhLXc/view?usp=sharing

I got this error at the top of the video screen.

"This video contains content from UMG_MK, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds".

Bill N said:
Must have been X rated huh?
No, YouTube does not allow copyrighted material on their site. Every video that is uploaded gets run through a program that checks for copyrighted material. It uses the same algorithms that are used by music identifying programs. If it is on the list of banned songs then it can't be played on YouTube. It plays on my computer by no one else's unless you live in a foreign country that doesn't recognise US copyrights.

UMG is "Universal Music Group".  They monitor YouTube for copyright infringement and automatically block anyone who try's to post a Beatle Song.  Rename it to something else.

Sloop said:
UMG is "Universal Music Group".  They monitor YouTube for copyright infringement and automatically block anyone who try's to post a Beatle Song.  Rename it to something else.
I don't think that would work. They are using song identification software. The notice was posted the minute I uploaded the video. I thought that since it was still there and I could see it that they were no longer blocking it.

Tom, do you think you could get away with posting the video on your Google acct like a photo?

OK I uploaded it to Google Drive. Someone please let me know if this works.

SeilerBird said:
OK I uploaded it to Google Drive. Someone please let me know if this works.

Ok, this should work. I logged onto my Chromebook on a different account and the video in the first post gave me the error message. This like worked.

Yup that worked.

Nice job.

Only thing that might have made it better was if your instrument had a pickup in it.  OR just play it louder.  ;D

One of the guys in our ukulele band plays a U-bass, alternately with his gut bucket. He plays both through a standalone amp. He has a tough time getting the volume right when playing the U-bass. On the occasions he sits on 'my end' of the band, I threaten to cut the cable to his amp, although he's actually right on the beat  :(

I looked at the U-bass when we visited the Kala factory in Petaluma a few months ago, but just couldn't get into it. Those "rubbery" strings just felt strange, but I guess they feel 'normal' to U-bass and bass guitar players.

RedandSilver said:
Yup that worked.

Nice job.

Only thing that might have made it better was if your instrument had a pickup in it.  OR just play it louder.  ;D
Thanks. The bass does have a pickup in it. Without the pickup it is almost inaudible. I recorded this with my cell phone so there isn't a lot of bass being picked up. I have a few more songs I want to record and I will try it with the bass turned up louder.

Tom said:
I looked at the U-bass when we visited the Kala factory in Petaluma a few months ago, but just couldn't get into it. Those "rubbery" strings just felt strange, but I guess they feel 'normal' to U-bass and bass guitar players.
Those rubbery strings felt really weird the first time I played it. That feeling passed after about five minutes and now it just feels normal. A regular bass guitar also feels weird for the first few minutes. One of the hallmarks of being a good string player is being able to adapt to any fret length, any string diameter or any string type with ease. Takes a few years to get there.

Good stuff there Tom! I do have a question though, what's that bass on the wall with the sideways pickup?

One of the hallmarks of being a good string player is being able to adapt to any fret length, any string diameter or any string type with ease.

Aye, and I guess I'm just not a "good" string player, although I play 3 sizes of ukulele (2 different tunings), a banjo uke, a plectrum uke, a guitar and a 3/4 size guitar, just not very well  :-[  I also play very few tunes without a lead sheet; My ears tell me chord changes are coming, but I have no clue what they are, although I immediately know if I hit a correct or incorrect chord  ;D 

Strangely, I don't need song sheets to sing, although everyone in the band was surprised when I recently stood up to sing a solo (one we've performed numerous times), and announced "I couldn't tell you first line of this song, but I start singing and it just comes out". Our music director is the opposite - he can play virtually anything on numerous instruments by ear, but I hear him singing incorrect lyrics if he's not reading from a song sheet. He has some theory about left and right brain functions.

Back
Top Bottom