08 Adventurer 38j co-ax cable routing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve-n-sueC

My 08 Adventurer 38j has two co-ax cables coming from the satellite antennae on the roof. One goes to the front  TV cabinet, and the other goes to the rear TV cabinet. My problem is the receiver for my Direct TV needs both co-axes to be able to record and watch different channels simultaneously. I had a cable routing diagram for my 04, but can't find one for the 08. Does anyone have any info on the routing of these cables?
      Also does anybody know how the interior ceiling panels are attached? I am wondering if I can remove one, and run a new co-ax, abandoning the old cable in place.

Thanks for all responses!
Steve-n-Sue

I don't believe you would be able to remove ceiling pieces. Your roof is probably a sandwich of Filon, luan ply, styrofoam, luan ply, then the headliner material. Running cables/wiring is always an issue and creativity is needed to get from point A to point B. When I added the second coax from the sat dish to the receiver I followed some of the route of the single coax but then had to run through the corner of a cabinet over the entrance door and then exposed for two or three inches to the top of the cabinet with the electronics.

The cabinet with the electronics is on a slide which greatly added to complexity. I would call Owner Relations and ask for your coax wiring installation diagram.

OK, as usual, this project took on a life of it's own!  I was able to drop the top panel of the front cabinet, and see far enough back to determine that the co-ax for the rear tv ran immediately to the rear, with no chance of intercepting it. So I ran a new co-ax from the satellite antennae to the front tv receiver cabinet. I removed all of the caulking around the pass-through plate on the roof, and was able to snake a new cable down to the front overhead cabinet. From there I went over to the passenger side "A" pillar, removed the cover and ran it down to the dash area, down through the floor, fastened it along the underside of the coach to the "caterpillar track" that carries the wiring to the slide, up through the floor inside the cabinet, and up to the receiver.  Now I can watch one channel while recording another, but still do not have local channels. After talking to the King Dome tech support, who seemed very knowledgeable, he told me that the 9704-LP will NOT pick up local channels from satellite 119, unless it was manufactured after Feb. 2011.
As a foot note, I was able to find the CSL-515 self leveling sealant at Arkansas Bolt Co. who was very helpful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom