trip to SoCal - need help with finding campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

hi  need help finding campgrounds in SoCal. we would like to be there a month and can anytime in Sept and Oct this year

my Dad is in San Juan Capistrano and brother is near Upland. would like to find something between the two or even do 2 weeks near one and 2 weeks near the other.

we don't need too fancy -

we have a 41' fifth wheel so several state parks are out of the running

any suggestions will be appreciated!

thanks  Steve

I suggest using Google Maps and rvparkreviews.com to help plan your trip.  I regularly use these sites plus my Garmin RV660 to plan all my trips.  Happy RVing everyone.

larrypowellnc said:
I suggest using Google Maps and rvparkreviews.com to help plan your trip.  I regularly use these sites plus my Garmin RV660 to plan all my trips.  Happy RVing everyone.
Also get the RV-Parky app for your phone. You can tap the screen and it will show you all the RV parks in your vicinity, or you can enter a city and it will show you all the RV parks nearby. In either case the parks are plotted on a map and you can click any one of them for more details, including GPS directions and contact information for the park. I don't leave home without it!!  ;)

We like East Shore RV Park in San Dimas, near Upland. We have stayed there 3 times,  41ft is no problem in many sites.
It's a large county park with many seasonals, but the rules are strictly enforced and it's really quite nice. We particularly like B loop.

I don't think the OP was asking about what apps to use to find parks, but rather recommendations from folks that have info on parks in the area. Chuck

thanks for the replies- and yes we are looking for recommendations thanks chuck!

Puddington Lake which may be the East Shore Park..not sure. Get a rez for San Onofre State Beach...AKA asphalt parking lot. Its on the bluff on the ocean which come Sept you will love......OH AND SCRATCH PUDDINGTON...ITS CALLED PUDDINGSTONE...I hear good things aout that area..Have Fun!!

john owens said:
Puddington Lake which may be the East Shore Park..not sure. Get a rez for San Onofre State Beach...AKA asphalt parking lot. Its on the bluff on the ocean which come Sept you will love......OH AND SCRATCH PUDDINGTON...ITS CALLED PUDDINGSTONE...I hear good things aout that area..Have Fun!!

This is East Shore RV Park. East Shore overlooks Puddingstone Reservoir.

ken

Canyon RV Park in Anaheim is pretty much halfway between Upland and SJC. Nicely wooded. Stay on north side and freeway noise is minimal. At 91 fwy and Gypsum Canyon. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom