Looking for any feedback on Tengo Internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wigpro

I am doing some research for a couple RV Parks I work with about outsourcing their WiFi and one of the options is through Tengo??

Has anyone had any experience good or bad you can provide?? 

Thanks,

Jim

My very limited experience, albeit some years ago, was not good. Their message runs interference when you try to get online, they took my money, and I'd have had a better connection using two cans and a wet string. Of course, there are a lot of factors that play into "good park wifi".

What Tom said. Never had a good Tengo experience, and mine were more recent. Poor customer support when I called them (the park disavows all knowledge of everything when Tengo is on board).

X3. Only ran into it once and basically it didn't work

This winter in Florida, 2 parks we stayed in offered Tengo,  I didn't say that I used Tengo.  The service was so poor, spotty, that we couldn't use it.  The wifi signal in the park was strong enough, but the Tengo service was poor. Crashed frequently.

Ditto. We were on a site within 30 feet of an access point, the connection was slow and kept dropping.

Tengo is another one that way oversubscribed users to their Network. They do that because campsite owners do not go with larger bandwidth for cost reason.
Usually the wifi access provided at campgrounds is only good for casual access such as checking email, websites, they don't want people streaming movies and they limit your bandwidth.
Not a lot of choices for campgrounds on what vendor to go with so if you can afford it, have your own internet.
And depending on how large your campground is maybe design your own. Have free internet for casual users and fee based for heavier users..

I have tried it twice at different parks.  Lousy speed.  Dropped connection. Not good enough to do even e-mail. My phone as a hot spot works much better.

Looks like a resounding thumbs down on Tengo.

Back
Top Bottom