Would you pay additional for good internet access in an RV Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No probably not since WiFi is not all that important to me while traveling, I relish getting away and not being connected. 

Probably not - I enjoy being disconnected or barely connected while camping. Now, had you asked me 5 years ago when Kim was taking online classes, then I would have said yes. Sitting at a picnic table at the store/office for hours on end was not her idea of relaxing!

It would depend on what you define as "good", and what kind of cellular reception is in the area. 
If we're talking about $2 per day for the ability to stream video, then yes.  But, if (like most places) we're talking about $5 - $10 for dial-up speeds, no. 
Basically, if you can be faster / cheaper than my hot-spot and I were working, I'd consider it.
Though I would say, all things equal, I'd pick 1 park over another if it had wifi.

Only if the park was in an absolutely dead AT&T and Verizon cell phone signal area. Our onboard cell based Internet services are typically much better than even the premium WiFi pay services at those parks that offer it.

Buckeye4692002 said:
It would depend on what you define as "good", and what kind of cellular reception is in the area. 
If we're talking about $2 per day for the ability to stream video, then yes.  But, if (like most places) we're talking about $5 - $10 for dial-up speeds, no. 
Basically, if you can be faster / cheaper than my hot-spot and I were working, I'd consider it.
Though I would say, all things equal, I'd pick 1 park over another if it had wifi.

exactly.
I'm thinking of one SP we stayed in...zero cell reception and almost zero TV reception.  Someplace like that & I would have paid if it was reasonable price that enabled streaming.  I probably would have even paid a lesser amount, like maybe a dollar a day or so, if it wasn't streaming just so that I could have had some form of emergency communication.

Since there have been a few places I have paid to get what they called "good internet" that was truly terrible, I am quite skeptical. If it was streaming quality, I would pay a few dollars a day. If it is barely enough to read a forum or do email, no way. I have mostly abandoned the use of park internet completely and use my phone hot spot.

Probably not because we use our own Verizon connection - unless cell service was really bad or nonexistent.  Then we might depending on how much we wanted to access the internet.  We don't stream so we're interested more in email and checking our sites like the RV Forum.  Our experience over the years has been that campground wifi hasn't been all that good.  Very few have knowledgeable people who set up the system and unless you're right next to the wifi antenna the signal can be pretty poor.  There's also the security issue if you want to access things like bank accounts.

ArdraF

I think that carrying your own cellular modem/hotspot is a form of "paying extra" for internet.  If I didn't have that available, I would probably pay a modest extra fee for "good" internet, if it was indeed good and not the usual crap that is offered in too many campgrounds.

::)  Don't think so....  THAT'S just ONE of the many reasons why I go boondocking and NOT to campgrounds .
To get away from it ALL ...  ::)

I'm already paying dearly for a cellular hotspot, which is the only way I can work and be gone for extended periods of time.
When I retire, I'm leaving the computers at home. Enough already. But I'm not going to use campground wifi and have a coffee break between mouse clicks.....

You have to define "High Speed Internet"
Some providers still think that "High Speed Internet is "Faster than Dial-up"
The bar has been raised in the last decade. Anything slower than 20 mbps, in my book is not "High Speed Internet"
I would pay extra if I can get a reliably fast connection and play Halo, or CoD, or SWTOR while my wife watches Netflix.

I would pay quite a bit for reliable, high-speed internet as I run a business while in my RV.

With unlimited data AT&T and Verizon hotspots on board at $25/month, a park would have to offer a really good deal on their Internet service plan for me to even consider it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom