Reasonable priced campgrounds on the EAST coast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Msbudlite

With the US/Cdn dollar in a turmoil we are still looking to travel to the USA.  Does anyone know of campgrounds giving deals to Canadians on the EAST coast?  Would love to visit Cape May. 

Dont know about Canadians specifically, but you can get a good sam membership and save some money. Lots of campgrounds accept them and other club discounts. It only takes a handful of stays to get your money back, and its good for the whole year. I think the lower price of gas right now will offset the difference on the cdn dollar, especially if you are putting on a lot of miles. Safe trip.

The GS discount is only 10%, so I think it takes more than a few days to recoup the price.

Passport America can help too, even though there are often restrictions on where & when it is accepted. The 50% off helps a bunch, though.

The biggest problem will be that you want to visit a popular shore region in the peak tourist season. Campgrounds have little incentive to offer deals in that situation.

There is a ferry from Cape May to Lewis,DE so you might find a campground in DE.  I don't know how long it takes to cross.  Be warned,the traffic for the ferry was HORRENDOUS at the end of the Labor Day weekend.

Back
Top Bottom