Android streaming to HDMI TV? Posssible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedandSilver

I saw someone posted about Iphone streaming - but I have a HTC Bolt and it uses the Type C connector.  Different from a Lightening cord.
I see that they make a Type C to HDMI cable but in almost every case it calls out that it only works with DP alt mode,
which I don' think my Bolt has.

So my question is - is there anyone out there that has a newer Android phone (like my Bolt) and has found a way to stream video
from the phone to a HDMI TV?  With cables?

I have an unlimited plan on my phone - but if I hot spot I believe it's maxed out at 22GB.  But I was thinking with a cable hooked to the
TV that would not be hot spotting so it shouldn't count against me for data usage when I'm unlimited.  Is my thinking correct or not really?

What I'm trying to do is not have to use a Network router type system because I doubt that would be available when I'm on the road.
However with that said I do own my modem and router so if there was any way to use those, I would be all ears.
My thinking was, if I boondock and still had good signal that I could watch movies on Netflix or YouTube etc. through my phone.

Two answers:
First: Yes they do make "Type c to HDMI adapters or Type C to Socket A and Type A to HDMI,, Staples has 'em. Best buy, Micro Station and while they last.. Radio Shack (At very nice prices just now if they still have any).

They also make ChromeCast  which is how MY androids stream to the big TV via HDMI.

The catch on Chromecast is this: Both the phone and the CC have to be connected to the same router... AND the router has to allow pear to pear file sharing.. WOrks in my house but I am set up that way (Standard house router) May not work if you are connected directrly to a park router

And it's raining So I got to secure against rain.

Back
Top Bottom