Which Hitch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Free Spirit

I just purchased a Denali 293RKS and am looking for a used truck. I noticed some trucks have a Gooseneck Hitch which looks like a trailer ball hitch in middle of the truck bed. I'm pretty sure that my 5er does not fit that and so I looked at adapters for the 5th Wheel hitch.
Are these adapters safe?
can the camper be adapted to the Gooseneck?

Thanks in advance

The manual for our Denali specifically voids the warranty if you use a gooseneck.  I am not any kind of expert but we had a fifth wheel hitch installed.  I was told by several people here that a gooseneck can damage the rig,so not just a salesman trying to sell me one.

If I'm remembering correctly, There are at least two hitches to do what you want to do correctly. One is the B&W Companion, and the other is made by Andersen. The Andersen hitch is aluminum and only weighs about 40#. A few here use both, and both get recommended quite a bit. Using a post type gooseneck adapter is not recommended, and as stated above can void your warranty. To me, voiding the warranty doesn't bother me as much as the actual frame breaking. I wouldn't want that to happen whether it gets fixed free or not.

^^  X2  ^^

Kdbgoat just saved me lots of typing.  Both the Andersen and B&W companion connect to your gooseneck ball, then PROPERLY support the FW.  A gooseneck extension that looks like a helper bar attached to your pin box will put forces on the pin box it was not designed to support.  Avoid them like a bad plague!

Back
Top Bottom