Custom Cherry Dinette Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wan-der-lust

The original dinette table in our Jay Feather 24T did not work for several reasons:
1. It was very uncomfortable
2. Took up too much room
3. It didn't work well with our computers
4. We would NEVER use it for sleeping
5. And, well... it was butt ugly
So we decided to tear it out and start from scratch, and the results are more that we hoped for.
Check out my video below:

Custom Cherry Table Build

Very nice. I recently converted an old Maple-topped dining table into a game/dining table for my son. He is an inveterate board game player and has been wanting one for years. Mine didn't involve building a table top like yours (something I have been a little nervous to try doing), just refinishing and adding a game surface under the table top and some arm-rest rails. Here's a link to some before, during and after photos.

What a beautiful job, thanks for sharing. I noticed you used dowels; As you're obviously an experienced and skilled woodworker, I wanted to ask your opinion on dowels v biscuits. I assume the dowels were glued  ???

Tom said:
I wanted to ask your opinion on dowels v biscuits.

Hey Tom, I used biscuits with glue. I have a Porter Cable plate joiner that cuts the slots for the biscuits... can't beat it, works great.

OK thanks. I too have a biscuit joiner, but thought I saw dowels in the video, and wondered if one was better than the other. My mistake.

Back
Top Bottom