Intel tech switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Footman

The switch in my motorhome has an intelitech BD O switch I think . It has 1 rocker switch. With pluged in to 120 volts ,When switched to battery interior lights work . When switched to store no interior lights work . But if you hold rocker switch to the store . All works. Relay appears to be kicking in and out. Fridge wont work either unless u hold switch down. PLEASE HELP

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, but it sounds like normal operation to me. The store switch is provided to disconnect the battery for storing the motorhome. So lights shouldn't work, and an RV fridge needs that 12 volts for its control board so it can't work either, in the store position.

That switch operates a relay  that toggles from on to off each time the switch is pressed and stays in the new position. When you hold the switch down it thinks you're pressing it repeatedly.  Operating as designed! :D

Ernie

What the others said! The Battery Disconnect is perhaps a misnomer - it's an "all 12v power disconnect" and doing what it is supposed to do. 

I gather you are pressing the battery disconnect after you plug to shore power. Don't do that. The Disconnect is for use when you store the RV for extended periods and have no 120v shore power connected. It's a convenient way to shut off 12v power and helps preserve the battery charge. It is neither necessary nor desirable to disconnect 12v battery power when plugged in to 120v shore power.

Ok  Here is how I see the problem

Motor homes are wired in one (or in my case both) of two ways

Method one: Mine from the factory.. NOTE (items grouped like this can be swapped Example, Breaker can be either side of the BCC.. The BCC is the "Switch")

(Converter---Fuse-Block-----)(breaker--Intelletec BCC)----Battery

My Rig as it left Camping world after Inverter Install

Fuse block----Breaker---BCC--_Batteries---Inverter/charger

My rig later
Converter---Fuse block---Breaker--BCC--Batteries---Inverter/disabled charger.

Reason does not apply to this discussion

IF your rig is wired as in the 2nd line (Fuse block (Breaker or fuse--BCC)--Battery and Charger (Inverter optional)  it will work EXACTLY as you describe

If it's wired like mine was from the factory:  Your converter is toast.

I may be misinterpreting what the OP is saying, but I think he's saying his 12 volt system (lights etc) aren't working when his RV is plugged into shore-power and his house-battery disconnect switch is off (in disconnect mode.) If that's what he's saying, his lights should be working. It's only when he disconnects from shore-power that they should go off. His charger won't charge with the battery disconnect switch off, but his lights should still work.

Kev

...but his lights should still work.

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on the design of the 12v system. Some have the battery disconnect between the converter/charger and the battery, while others place it between both sources and the 12v distribution panel.  That allows the converter to charge the battery even while in disconnect. I've owned rigs designed both ways, so there is not just one "right way".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom