great west van

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dred

im buying a 1998 great west  van classic supreme  on a dodge ram van with 65000kms on the clock any thing i should look out for or common faults i shouold be aware of much appricated thank you  ;D

Dred,

Since you appear to be in the UK and are talking KM, is this van on the continent? I'm not too familiar with vans, but 66KM (aka 40,000 miles) doesn't sound very high for a 1998 model.

Remember that spare parts will be an issue in the UK, although the days of the internet and eBay can work wonders.

Maybe some of our Great West owners will chime in, although I only personally know of one such couple. They really enjoyed the van and had some great times in it.

It's been a long time since we lived in the UK, but is the seller obligated to ensure the vehicle passes an MOT, or is that up to the buyer. If the latter, it's caveat emptor. Depending where on the continent, it probably escaped the evils of salt on the roads.

the vehicle is in the uk. i'm buyin from a dealer so its got a new mot. ive looked underneath and theres hardly any rust at all. i think in the uk a lot of people dont use their motorhomes much in the winter even if they have central heating in them! ;D

I see there are some articles discussing Great West and other brands of vans in our Van conversions area. You could also find them by using the Advanced search feature above.

I understand the reluctance to go camping or RVing in the UK during the winter months  ;D

yeah, one of the advantages of goin in the camping in the winter is a lot of the sites are very quiet! ;D will have a look at your suggestions tom thanks mate

You're very welcome boyo. If you do go camping in the winter, don't forget to take your wellies to slop around in the mud.

Back
Top Bottom