Shower leaking in wall.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danzrebel

Anyone ever take the shower stall out of a Minnie Winnie. The dealer says they can't fix what they can't find. It drips (very loudly) inside the wall only when you're hooked up to city water. Seems like it waits till night time and the pressure builds up and starts dripping. My concern is how to remove the entire stall so I can fix it myself. All advise will be appreciated.
Thanks, Dan

Before you tear it up, make sure it is just not a case of excessive pressure causing a leak. When it drips are you hooked up to city water?  Do you have an in line pressure regulator?  And not just the $10 screw on regulators.  They control flow, but allow head pressure to build up when the water faucets are closed.

Thanks Sarge and John. I will call Winnebago first and if that doesn't help I'll go with a pressure regulator. Will post results.?

Is there a way to access the pex fitting without tearing it out?  Probably a quarter turn would solve the issue.

Inside wall or outside wall? inside wall gets a hole (small one to locate where to enlarge) and then a wall hanging of your or SWMBO liking. Outside wall.. different story.

Plumbing connections are not usually run in outside walls. Some manufacturers will install access panels to fixtures for showers so look carefully for some kind of removable panels before cutting into stuff. For example, my trailer has two access points for shower plumbing but they are skillfully hidden by false cupboard/drawer fronts that do not swing open unless one side of the hinges are removed.

I had a similar drip in my Navion. I was able to pull the Fawcett out of the shower wall far enough to replace the washer in the fitting. I never did "see" the drip but I finally stopped hearing it.

Do we know where this drip is coming from other than behind the shower?
FWIW- I had a slow drip from the same area. I removed the chrome trim plate from the shower valve and found a male threaded adapter to PEX in there the was defective from day-one. The adapter never finished the molding process and there was a big chunk of plastic missing along the threads. Those morons on the assembly line, rather than walking back over to get another one, simply hooped pipe dope all over it and threaded it in.. and they wonder why we complain about workmanship.

In the end I went to HD and bought a small non-ratcheting PVC cutter, sawed the handles off to about 2" and was able to get in and cut the PEX low enough to splice an extension and get it back to the NEW, FULLY FORMED adapter. 'Twas a beautiful thing but you better have skinny arms and spare blood because both are required

SCVJeff said:
...The adapter never finished the molding process and there was a big chunk of plastic missing along the threads. Those morons on the assembly line, rather than walking back over to get another one, simply hooped pipe dope all over it and threaded it in.. ....
The lunch whistle must have blown about that time.  ::)

Sprucegum said:
I had a similar drip in my Navion. I was able to pull the Fawcett out of the shower wall far enough to replace the washer in the fitting. I never did "see" the drip but I finally stopped hearing it.
Had a similar faucet leak in my Adventurer. It was just a loose hose connection.

John Canfield said:
The lunch whistle must have blown about that time.  ::)
the things I said when I saw that... You could have taken notes on new ways to swear

Back
Top Bottom