HWH alarm where?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailorkane

Anyone know where the HWH alarm is, in a Journey?  For some reason, mine is getting some stray current while driving down the road and I get faint irregular tones from it.  I believe its the HWH alarm because its the same tone.  The alarm is just a pain in the neck (ear?!?) anyway, so I'd like a way to disable it.

Don't know if your Journey is like my unit but mine is located on the inside firewall in the area behind the pedals.

I assume your talking about the buzzer that sounds when the ignition key is turned on and the jacks are still down.
In my unit there is also a light that comes on indicating "Jacks Down".

Wonder if it could be a loose wire?

In mine it's under the upper dash cover just to the left of the backup monitor IIRC

The alarm is just a pain in the neck (ear?!?) anyway, so I'd like a way to disable it.

I installed a simple toggle switch on the dash of my Class C to disable the whole system.  I did it so I could "quietly" run the (gasser) engine to supplement the rooftop A/C (when parked .....  jacks down) if needed; or,  to utilize a little heat from the Ford engine rather than fire up my noisy propane heater at night.  Just used the Ford engine heat feature last Sunday night in Ft Collins, CO when it got a little too cool about 4AM (for the single blanket I had brought along) . 

A couple of months ago, I posted re my intentions over on iRV2 and got a LOT more response than I thought I would.  One of the guys designed a latching relay ckt with a momentary switch that will kill the audio screech, but leave the red warning light on ...... then when the ignition key is turned back off, the circuit resets the audio alarm screecher ............... in case the operator forgets.

I got a couple of "don't do it.....you may bend the jacks someday" comments, of course.  I religiously use my checklists before I move an inch,  so my simple "HWH power disable switch" next to the HWH control panel on the dash works for me.  I just interrupted the 12v power source (red wire) right behind the HWH panel there on the dash.  I believe folks with a Class A would have a lot easier access......on my Ford chassis it is real tight in there.

My simplistic approach sure wouldn't suit everybody, but I believe there would be few objections to the latching relay fix for the irritating screeching anytime you turn on the ignition with the jacks down.  If interested and you can't find the thread over on iRV2, give me a shout and I will try to find it again.

Best................  Ed S in Denver

BUMP

FWIW- - - Here's a link (hope it works) to the thread I mentioned above.  IMHO, interesting reading ...... even if the screecher doesn't bother you that much.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/disable-leveling-jack-alarm-324147.html

SCVJeff said:
In mine it's under the upper dash cover just to the left of the backup monitor IIRC
Yup, that's where mine is located. My piezo jack alarm has a rotating cover that I used to muffle the sound. Did that years and years ago  :).

John Canfield said:
Yup, that's where mine is located. My piezo jack alarm has a rotating cover that I used to muffle the sound. Did that years and years ago  :).
Eggzactly....  I would suggest NOT disabling it, and you'll find out why when one day one of the jacks is slow to retract and you smack it. However closing that cover is definitely worth the trip in to do it

Back
Top Bottom