Probably will be deleted or blocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
Apologies Peggy, I should have been more clear. When someone deletes their account, 'Guest' is automatically inserted under their name in all previously-posted messages.

Thanks!  Good to know!

Personally, I take a pretty dim view of the whole drama queen approach to making an exit from an internet forum.  If you make the decision that a forum isn't for you ... it's a personal decision.  Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself happy - but spare the rest of us the drama filled "goodbye" post. 

spacenorman said:
Personally, I take a pretty dim view of the whole drama queen approach to making an exit from an internet forum.  If you make the decision that a forum isn't for you ... it's a personal decision.  Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself happy - but spare the rest of us the drama filled "goodbye" post. 
Had to put my 2 cents in, even though that's all it's worth.?

Strange post.  You all, solve my problems in @ 15 minutes or less, usually.  My next rig, is a 1.5 million dollar Prevost, and I am never taking it  out of the driveway!

A quote from Boondocker Bob "When the rear end clunks AND if its the yolk or pinions loose..."

And he wonders why he gets no respect when he calls a yoke a yolk. ::)

Tom,
Spelling is not the issue here.
I'm certain our short lived guest has been reading all of the responses to his exit speech, and has now realized that we are not a closed bunch of elitist, snooty, owners of high dollar rigs. (not sure where that ideas came from, as expensive rigs have just as many problems to deal with)..
I'm sure he has valuable experience to contribute. Now that he has had the chance to read the responses and know how forums work, perhaps he could come back and re-register and put this behind him. No one would be the wiser.

I often get good advice on forums where the post ended years and years ago.
If you answer a post with good info, it's likely someone, somewhere, at some time, will find it useful.

Just realize internet forums perhaps aren't the best for instant gratification or acknowledgement.

I don't know, you all sound like elitists.  I started out with a plastic tarp over a picnic table.  Didn't have enough money for a tent. ;D ;D ;D

Hi All,

I'd be wiling to bet he is coming back and reading the responses to his post. Spacenorman's post is right on as usual!

Sad this person is depriving himself of a great resource.

Well I have a high dollar rig.  Cost me $3,000 dollars and I love it!  Except for that damn leak in the slide out that I absolutely cannot find.  Now I'm going to spend $600 to put a topper on it so it's going to be a really high dollar rig now!  Yes, yes, I am an elitist.

I love it, this guy has really brought us all together.  I'm still rather new here but have learned more on this forum than I could have ever imagined.  Thanks for all the help!

stevensc said:
Well I have a high dollar rig.  Cost me $3,000 dollars and I love it!  Except for that damn leak in the slide out that I absolutely cannot find.  Now I'm going to spend $600 to put a topper on it so it's going to be a really high dollar rig now!  Yes, yes, I am an elitist.

I love it, this guy has really brought us all together.  I'm still rather new here but have learned more on this forum than I could have ever imagined.  Thanks for all the help!
I'll have to agree that's more than I spent on my first 2 Rv's combined.

kjansen said:
I don't know, you all sound like elitists.  I started out with a plastic tarp over a picnic table.  Didn't have enough money for a tent. ;D ;D ;D

I was lucky. My uncle gave me his Pup Tent when he came back from Korea in 54.

Gods Country said:
There are always members on every forum that get huffy when they don't get the attention they feel they deserve, and then have to start a thread so they can publicly bow out.....whatever.

I realized nobody cares what I say when I was 10, so I'm over it. :D

Amen.  I think of this forum is a great place to receive more than I give.  That has been the way it operates for me.  I contribute where I can but I have received 10 times as much help as I have ever offered and I never expect any slaps on the back when I offer any advice.  I hope not to run into BB anytime soon.

I don't post here too much. I log on 3-4 times a week because, for some reason, I feel like there are lots of real veteran RV'ers with lots to share.  And share they do regardless of who they're helping.

One comment I'd like to make is that our country is already so divided because everyone blames someone else for their own unhappiness. Its perfectly ok if you have a pricey RV, chances are you spent most of your life getting to that stage and you're entitled and you're living the dream.  Fact is, I like talking to those owners in campgrounds because they usually know a lot about different places and how to fix things. I'm not going to judge someone by what RV they have.  Get what you can afford based on how much you use it.  You only go around once, this is not practice.

I have not been here that long. I come here asked the question that I need information on. When done I always thank the people here. I have seen other forums like a boat forum I use to belong to that would not give you the time of day if you did not have a big boat. But please just give this forum a little bit more time. 

I went back and reviewed my other post regarding the clunk I am hearing on my Class C, and found that it was Boondocker Bob who offered his opinion that it was possibly the yolk that was the culprit. Since I did not know at the time the difference between an egg yolk and a differential yolk, I did not immediately respond to him, especially since some others were saying it was something else.  So if I did not acknowledge Boondocker Bob, it was not out of disrespect, but of a need to wait and see what the problem was. As I stated in my other post, I will be taking my motorhome to a mechanic and will mention the yolk, so in that respect, Boondocker Bob does get some credit, which is what he probably longed for.  Mea Culpa!!

Well, I?m kinda like the guy Bob thinks populate this forum. Nearing retirement I bought a 40 motor boat and cruised extensively including the Bahamas, Florida Keys, entire intracoastal waterway, and the Chesapeake. The boat was comfortable enough for us to spend months on at a time. Air Conditioning, generator, stove, microwave, real flush toilets, etc. We dry camped (anchored in coves with no facilities) and stayed at marina?s with full hookups, like at a campground.  You can see the similarities with RVing. I did almost all the maintenance and with a used boat it is considerable.

My DW got tied of the boat so we sold her and bought a used 40? Class A. When it was new it was considered a high end coach, but now 10 yrs later the price we paid for it doesn?t reflect its high end heritage. Some folks have offered the advice to buy small learn the ins and outs and once you get some experience buy what you really want. I never took to that advice, did a years worth of research and bought what I think is appropriate for our needs. Besides I can?t stand the idea of paying the tax every time we upgrade a big toy. So far couldn?t be happier.

Now to the forums. I?ve been on various forums for about 8 yrs. I use RV forums primarily to get advice and directions. I guess that?s kinda of selfish. However I do occasionally offer advice but since we?re new to the RV world I kind of hold back. The advice I offer for the most part is ignored or a least not acknowledged, doesn?t both me but I?ll admit I do get a kick out of some reply to advice I?d given.

So I?m kind of like the guy Bob mentioned. I got a high end coach, just didn?t pay a high end price. I haven?t dry camped yet, but will soon. I have little experience with coach chassis, but the house side is similar in many ways to a boat. Most of my advice is ignored, but it doesn?t bother me, and it shouldn?t have bothered Bob. I suspect he doesn?t have much experience with forums and I doubt if he goes to another forum his experience will be different.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom