Roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RockyFarmer

Ok so we bought a 2008 sun star 32k and I have a question about roof care. I examined the roof prior to purchase. It looked good but needs a cleaning and waxing. What do I use to clean it with its pretty dirty. Also what wax or other product to use. Thanks in advance! Also this is a great resource. Where do I get the sealant for the side seams and can I use any quality silicone around the other top protrusions.

Welcome to the Winnebago family! Your roof skin is called Filon and is basically a gel coat surface like a fiberglass boat. Any car or boat wash soap would be appropriate. If you are going to wax your Sunstar, use any heavy duty cleaner on your roof. Simple Green is one of my personal favorites. You don't want a cleaner like that running down on a fresh wax job though.

A small pressure washer is really invaluable, especially for cleaning the roof - it will blast off the outer embedded dirt layer making it easier to scrub off the rest.

Generally speaking, DO NOT any silicon based sealant on the exterior of your unit. We have beat this topic to death so please enter "sealant" or "caulk" in the search box on this page.

Please review the topic at the top of this page called Winnebago and Chassis Resources - lots of valuable info there that should help you as a new owner.

Back
Top Bottom