EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Nimble temperature monitoring device-beware!  (Read 695 times)

debsmg

• ---
Nimble temperature monitoring device-beware!
« on: May 09, 2017, 06:22:49 PM »
 I got the nimble temperature monitoring device and have been trying to use it. What a disaster. First of all the username and or password they sent are invalid. I have tried telling them that I cannot sign in and they just keep tell me there's nothing wrong. I got an email shortly after I called and said that the device had to  weak of signal. It was sitting next to me on the table. If it can't give a signal sitting next to me on the table I doubt it's gonna work in an RV. Also they said I needed to recharge it. The battery was low. It only been unplugged 20 minutes.  The device cost $200 and the service $200 for the year. One point it says you can return and 15 days for full refund. On their website however it says seven days. Oh yes and try to find a working phone number. I finally found one where somebody answered-  too bad I could hardly understand him.  I keep telling them I just want to send it back and he would say is it's working, I can't send it back.  At least that's what I think he said.    It's time to file a complaint with the credit card company. Just warning others stay away from this mess .
Deb who is Hoooman servant to 2 cats
Kitcat and Spice and
Red Standard Poodle named Lucy

2016 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2013 Honda Fit toad

whiteva

• ---
    • Nibbler the traveling squirrel
Re: Nimble temperature monitoring device-beware!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:37:26 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on that device. If you can find a smart4house temperature device I would recommend purchasing it. Unfortunately I have not found them on E-bay lately as I would buy a backup one. It has worked flawlessly for me for over a year.

http://acroflyer.com/images/Temperature%20Sensor.pdf

Cheers
2008 Winnie 29TR, Class C
Me: RETIRED: Aerobatic flight instructor, RE Broker, EE,-
DW, Nan, works Finance for RV dealer. Travel short distances pulling 77' MGB on dolly.
 If not in the RV we are on the Sea Ray, with Nibbler & Shadeaux the black cat. http://www.acroflyer.com/nibbler/

Jim Johnson

• ---
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 09:05:37 PM »
I have a 3 sensor temperature/humidity monitoring system from Acurite.  $99/  I can track my hoiuse temps from anywhere with internet either on desktop/laptop or Android App.  No charge.  Have been very satisfied.
Jim

Jim & Tarry Johnson

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Following the warm weather!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 08:46:18 AM »
I have a 3 sensor temperature/humidity monitoring system from Acurite.  $99/  I can track my hoiuse temps from anywhere with internet either on desktop/laptop or Android App.  No charge.  Have been very satisfied.

X2 - That's exactly what we have, and it works perfectly for our temp monitoring needs. We used to use it in the motorhome to make sure the A/C stayed on when we left the dog in it in hot weather, but with the dog gone now, we use it to monitor the inside and outside temps at our upstate NY cottage no matter where we are.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

BCinTOR

• ---
    • Interlockit.com
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 06:52:58 PM »
I'm considering the Ideal Sciences Temp Stick product for our RV. 2 AA batteries last 1 year. Since my wifi hotspot has a battery that runs for half a day (and is plugged into the 12v system) I'll still get the text message alarm if the power goes out which would probably be the most common reason for the AC to quit on our RV.

No monthly subscription is the big advantage over https://rvpetsafety.com/

Amazon: http://a.co/1dQZN7I

Does anyone have experience with this?

Most home based solutions need the power to be on. I've had neighbours flick the breaker switch or think I'm plugged into their outlet at RV parks which in a heat wave could be the death of our pet whippet.

2018 THOR Challenger 37TB
Toronto (Mississauga), Ontario
Canada
Computer Nerd

LPD218

• ---
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 08:14:45 PM »
Deb,

I had the same issues as you but stuck with it.  It seems the initial log in to the website does not properly transfer information to the User information.  My User Name became my one of my email addresses and my password became my phone number.  These were not the User Name or Passwords I had set up. I got it fixed with a quick email to their support.

I got the Nimble with 35% off retail on their website.   We snowbird and cancel our subscription when not needing it.

I like the "on battery" alert that lets you know you have lost power.  We have three dogs and are confident in leaving them with RV PetSafety.  I think Nimble is more for the trucking industry that found a niche in the RV pet community.
Dave Tedesco
Retired LEO
2004 Itasca Meridian 36G
330 CAT
2005 Wrangler
2008 Escape Hybrid

SkateBoard

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »
You can get a Momentum web cam for $20 along with the Iphone App, point it at your thermometer in the house and look at at any time from anywhere for free. If you want to record then there's a $5 fee per month.

NY_Dutch

• ---
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »
But the web cam won't alert you when the temperature exceeds a set value...
Dutch

SkateBoard

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 09:10:35 PM »
But the web cam won't alert you when the temperature exceeds a set value...

Oh my God! We've reached the point where our brains cannot make that decision without the aid of a computer!!!

NY_Dutch

• ---
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 09:15:42 PM »
Oh my God! We've reached the point where our brains cannot make that decision without the aid of a computer!!!

Or we've reached the point where we want to use the available technology to help protect our pets and property more effectively than relying on happening to check  the camera at the right time.
Dutch

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 10:04:33 PM »
Or we've reached the point where we want to use the available technology to help protect our pets and property more effectively than relying on happening to check  the camera at the right time.

Exactly. Same reason my fridge and freezer remote thermometers have an alarm.
Scott
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350 "OURVEE"
Eezrv TPMS, VMSpc, 800W Solar
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab "RTOAD"
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster

NY_Dutch

• ---
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 07:33:46 AM »

Exactly. Same reason my fridge and freezer remote thermometers have an alarm.

Yep, ours too... :)
Dutch

winona

• ---
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »
I got the nimble temperature monitoring device and have been trying to use it. What a disaster. .... Just warning others stay away from this mess .

Oh my gosh!!  So true so true!  Anything but "Nimble"!

I tried it last summer, and what a mistake!  For starters, it took weeks and weeks for it to ship even with me asking when, never mind their "we ship right away."   Dealing with tech support is a laugh.  My user name and password were frequently changed at their whim, and even when they told me what it was, I still couldn't log in.  I couldn't set temperatures as I wanted.  My alerts were all for low battery which chimed my phone every 5 minutes.

Gave up.  It's sitting in the box on a closet shelf.  What a disappointing waste.
Winnebago Trend
Dorothy and Bailey, my big loveable lab

Hosted by Over The Network