Recommendations on Campgrounds on the Outer Banks, NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenny

Does anyone have a favorite campground on the outer banks, NC?  This will be my first trip and I want it to be a good one.  I like peace and quiet but every campground I see has so many "activities" going on and frankly, I really don't know what to expect.  I am also wondering about state parks...

Any advice from anyone will be very much appreciated!
Thanks,
Jenny

We stayed at "Sands of Time" on Cape Hatteras.  A Passport America park centrally located. Not right on the beach but only 5 min. Away. Gravel driveway with grass between sites plenty of room. Smal laundry.  We paid $121 for 4 nights last sept.  We would stay here again.

Bill

We stayed at Camp Hatteras a few weeks ago and enjoyed the park. It has ocean side with great beach access and bay side access. It has two pools, one inside and one outside. It was a big park but quiet and enjoyable. Its online so you can take a look and see if it is something you would like.

We also stayed at Sands of Time and it is very quite. The grass is nice and full. We did not use the laundry facilities. We would stay here again.

We stayed at three National Park Campgrounds. We camp in a 38' MH. Many spots are small but we had no problems finding larger spots. Used the private cg to dump and fill with water. Came from south on the ferry and left on Highway 64 after 3 weeks.

We also used NP campground in Frisco. If you're able to go hook-up free. Beautiful, quiet and inexpensive!

WE have reservations for next week,not sure when the power outage will be restored.As of today it wait and see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom