Honda CRV with Golf Cart Loaded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWSWine

When I tell people I take my golf with me in the back of a 2013 Honda CRV they just smile and say "Right, Sure You Do". Here is picture proof that my Cricket Golf Cart fits in the back of my TOAD with room to spare. At 310 pounds it doesn't even overload the CRV.

Attachments

• cricket.jpeg
    cricket.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 145
I put my mobility scooter in the back of my CRV.  I'm impressed you could get the cart in there.

I own a 2011 and totally LOVE IT! I have hauled so many things back there, even fit in a 20ft ladder I bought wen painting my house. The guy at the hardware shop said its not gonna fit but it sure did. I have never had any issues with exception of the motor of the passenger side window going out within the first few months of buying it but that could have just been a quirk. I am forever faithful to Honda now.
Great job fitting the cart up there!

Is that the Cricket ESV?  It's designed to be portable like that, so a good choice for an RVer who wants local campground transportation.

The ESV weighs 303 lbs, according to their website.

http://www.cricketesv.ca/english/Products.php

Gary RVer Emeritus said:
Is that the Cricket ESV?  It's designed to be portable like that, so a good choice for an RVer who wants local campground transportation.

The ESV weighs 303 lbs, according to their website.

http://www.cricketesv.ca/english/Products.php

This one is the SX3 which is the current model and I've seen two weights 303 and 310.

Is it street legal?  If so, it would be great to have one.

Jeff said:

The op says it in the post - 310 pounds.

Cool idea.  When I read it before the pic I figured he must have mistyped it.

The Crickets are slick, though not as capable as a typical full golf cart. They are fairly small & light and fold down. They run on two 12v batteries instead of 6x 6v (or 8v) of the big carts.

The SX3 is billed as a two passenger model, while the ESV is a single. Either could hold at least one more person, or a pet, for at least short distances.

The SX3 is four passengers cart with a 600 lbs limit (4 each 150 pound people).  The SX3 has three batteries (Three Heavy-duty sealed 12-volt 65 amp/hour in series ) and is 36 volt with built in 3 battery charger.  They do have brake lights, headlights and turn signals but I don't know if they are street legal or not but my guess would be there are not since they don't have seat belts. 

Here is the spec on the one I bought....

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/3c896015/files/uploaded/RICKS%20SPECIALTY%20CRICKET%20BROCHURE.pdf

Specs are in the yellow box....

That's awesome. In 2014 when my dad was looking to replace his 2010 GMC Terrain, one criteria was that his golf clubs had to fit sideways (they would not in his 2010 GMC Terrain). The CRV passed the test and ended up in his driveway. Wait until I tell him he could get an entire cart in there!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom