F load rated st225/75/R15 tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wally12

Does anyone make a ST 225/75/R15  load range F tire that carries close to 3900 lbs

The best I could find was the Goodyear Endurance ST which is load range E rated for 2830 LBS. It's a fairly new tire on the market but it's USA made. Just make sure your rim can handle the 80 PSI rating.

Good Luck & Happy Camping!

Stepping up to a 16" wheel will give you about a kabillion more options for the load capacity you are looking for. If you're able to gain an inch of tire height, you can look at 235/85/16's with capacities right around 3,000 lbs.

For a given type tire (ST) size and load range, the load rating will not change much between manufacturers or models.  To get a higher load rating, you must go to a higher load range, a different tire type (LT) or a different size.

I don't believe anybody is making a Load Range F in that size, or any 15" tire. Maybe some Milspec tire for the Army, but even that seems unlikely. They would go for 16" or larger if that capacity was needed. I don't know of any 15" wheels (trims) that can handle the psi for LR-F either.

Most RV trailer axles can't even utilize a tire with that much load capacity - it would have to be rated over7800 lb. Axles with a rating like that use 16-19" wheels.

I have to agree with gary ^^^. it won't make much difference even if you do locate a tire in that range ?, if the axle/axles can't handle the load ?, your begging for a wreck. the axles must be able to carry the load, as well as the tires. simply putting a higher load range tire on the rim, won't make it all good !. the axle has to be able to carry the load from the start. so, before you go looking for higher load range tires/rims , you need to make sure your axles can handle the load !.

Back
Top Bottom