Eclipse 5435 camera extension for RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mocamper

I already have a camera system on my truck. The Eclipse 5435 works great. Now I want an additional camera that will hook up to the same  unit and allow me to reach to the back of the camper. Are there extension cables that would allow this type of hook up for this unit? I've searched but came up with nothing. Anyone made something up or purchased? Thanks for any help.

You can always "home brew" an extension cable.  To be done right there are 4 wires in the cable, and though some cameras are actually happy with standard telephone cable, that is not the proper way (But it makes a good try)

You can slice and dice the cables safely so long as there is no power,, There may only be 3 wires

Wires are POWER (usually 12vdc but to be honest it don't matter) Ground (Usually black by the way) Shield and Signal, IF, that is, they did it right and used shielded wire.. .If they did then use standard 2-wire strand for the power and ground, and use standard coax (RG-59 or RG-6) for the signal and shield extnsions,  You will need to do some soldering on both ends.

Second, most manafacturers of cameras do indeed sell extension cable that matches the custom plugs and sockets they use.  In fact,, I do not know of any that does not do this

Now, if your camera just has 3 or 4 wires (No shield) standard telephone cable and fittings work.

From your post, I'm guessing you don't already have the camera. Without knowing what it is, it's impossible to give any wiring instructions. It may use RCA phono plugs/jack, DIN connectors, or something proprietary, or a combination on one or both ends. Contact the manufacturer, unless you have a lot of money and time to waste trying to put a square peg into a round hole! 

Thanks for the information. I do have a camera already on my truck but the cable is not long enough to reach to the back of the camper. I believe the Eclipse will operate 2 cameras with an optional device, but I'm not positive. I'll keep searching for an extension cable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom