Rubber Roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You haven't given us much to go on.  Year/make/model of RV might give us a clue.

TPO is usually recognizable because the surface is shiner and somewhat different texture.  It typically does not chalk. Alpha Systems calls their TPO and Alpha-Ply membrane "hair cell" and describes it as "orange peel".

Compliments Mr.Gary, I have read many of your answers to RV'ers questions, thank you. You are correct mine is orange peel in appearance, I called Forest River,  by the way my RV is a 2007 Flagstaff, it has a TPO roof. I am a newbie to RV's. I thought after watching YouTube video on discerning your rv roof type that i had a EPDM ,it isn't black but it it is not white either on the backside of the membrane, it's a gray fleece, so much for my assumption, its a TPO made by Alpha Systems. I have a dilemma, I recently purchased Dicor Acrylic Coating two step treatment for my "Supposed " EPDM roof, that is TPO. I called Dicor they said it will work on TPO roofs, I also called Alpha Systems and they told me they have not done any testing with Dicor is Acrylic Coating, that I should call Dicor. Alpha did say that there roofs did not need sealing just washed periodically. Alpha also said sealants did not stick well to TPO roofs. I was hoping to seal my roof after repairs, to hopefully add some life to the rubber roof, also cosmetic. So more research before I make a final decision. Has anyone on this Forum put Dicor Acrylic Roof Coating on their TPO roof?

Maybe this is what you want:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/super-flex-total-protection-self-leveling-sealant-11-oz-tube-white/80294

Back
Top Bottom