Digital photography questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Doug,

Not only do I not disturb the bees I don't cast a shadow on the flowers. :) I need to experiment with the three extension tubes to see what the different combinations will do.

My Nikon 990 was able to focus to .8" which made for some extreme closeups but it was difficult to focus if there was the slightest breeze. The flower I sent was photographed with the wind blowing at a pretty good clip. Now I have to figure out how to get even closer. :)

it does sound like a lot of futzing. But you get great results.

Tom, kind of you to say that.  I think the forum enjoys the presence of a number of talented photographers.

Doug

We sure do Doug, and I'm slowly thinking of changing my ways after seeing your, Jim's and Ron M's results.

BTW wasn't it you who recommended Chris Tarrantino's book for PE? I must admit to not having read very much, but I learned one heck of a lot from the small amount I have read. Pulled it out today so I can start where I left off.

BTW wasn't it you who recommended Chris Tarrantino's book for PE? I must admit to not having read very much, but I learned one heck of a lot from the small amount I have read. Pulled it out today so I can start where I left off.

Well, I certainly have the book, so I may well have been the one recommending it--if it wasn't me then, let me recommend it now.

I'm a bit of a book worm which means that I have several books on those things that interest me, and that includes photography.  I'll look a particular matter up in several books and often it is the cumulative effect of several writers approach to the matter that illuminates it for me.

So, happy reading.

Ciao,

Doug

Hey guys,

I'm just experimenting with attachments on the new forum format.  Since we are discussing photography, here is a quick shot of a desert flower..... with a bee....<grin>

Marsha~

Attachments

• flower&bee.jpg
    flower&bee.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 48
Nice photo Marsha. This place is starting to look like a photography forum  ;D

A good reference book for Photoshop is by David Blatner and Bruce Fraser called "Realworld Photoshop." This is not a step-by-step lesson book, but it is one to use to find explanations of Photoshop features and to learn different techniques on an as-needed basis for adjusting image color, sharpness, resolution, etc. The one I have is for Photoshop 7, but the most current publication covers Photoshop CS. The CS version is available from Amazon.com.

Don

Hi Jim,

PhotogDon has pointed you towards a book one of whose authors is Bruce Fraser.

IMHO, anything by Bruce Fraser is worth your coin.  In that regard, and if you upgrade to PS-CS, you might check out his book on Adobe's Camera Raw plug-in that is part of PS-CS.

Ciao,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the tip. I doubt I'll upgrade to CS, though. :) I'll have to make another stop at Barnes & Knoble.

Thanks for the compliments fellas.  The funny thing is that when I took the picture, I didn't notice the bee.  I saw it after I had dowloaded the pictures and was running through them.

Marsha~

MarshaLassen/CA said:
Hey guys,

I'm just experimenting with attachments on the new forum format.? Since we are discussing photography, here is a quick shot of a desert flower..... with a bee....<grin>

Marsha~

Marsha:  Here's another similar shot taken just a few days ago.

Attachments

• Spring Flowers 05 019 (Small).jpg
    Spring Flowers 05 019 (Small).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 32
MarshaLassen/CA said:
Hey guys,

I'm just experimenting with attachments on the new forum format.? Since we are discussing photography, here is a quick shot of a desert flower..... with a bee....<grin>

Marsha~

I thought I had posted a similar shot for you to look at, but it isn't here.  I'll try again.  :)

Attachments

• Spring Flowers 05 019 (Small).jpg
    Spring Flowers 05 019 (Small).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 24
Hi Ron M,

Nice picture.? Looks like its a "globe Mallow" plant.? They were eveywhere on our trip.? We just got home late last night. :(? I'm ready to pack? up and take off again.? But Tim wants to stay home a while.

Marsha~

Back
Top Bottom